Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Solent Area
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_S View Post
    Thanks for the update, great response, simply put it down to one of life's experiences, your daughter sounds level headed.
    +1
    was the sweet potatoe and chilli soup any good ?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Surrey and Gosport UK
    Posts
    1,264

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    At least no long term harm done. Just imagine planning the wedding reception.
    Must be a market out there for the complete vegan cookbook for liveaboards ?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    Worked with a Vegan one. He was sitting outside the office eating his picnic lunch one day.
    The police moved him on!!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Keswick, Cumbria
    Posts
    1,523

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertramdriver View Post
    My experience of veganism, earned from a vegan ex wife and vegetarian daughter is that it is a strategy employed to control their environment. Used as a passive aggressive method to ensure that they are always be the centre of attention and guaranteeing that they will always hold the moral high ground.
    The only way to to regularise the situation is to lay down ground rules early on the cruise IE. We are meat eaters and intend to continue as such. If your dietary needs differ then you should go shopping and buy supplies of food that you can eat and you can prepare it yourself before we infect the galley with dead animals. We normally eat together as a group and do not get involved in discussions or pass judgement on what others are eating but if that is a struggle for you then you can eat of the foredeck
    It works
    I think I can see why she is an ex.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,225

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    Quote Originally Posted by Cin70 View Post
    Ah, The Stand, read it 3 times. Have you read TheTalisman? Also brilliant, but not sure what this has to do with the vegan problem? Or have I missed something?
    Sorry, just picked up this reply. As Bertram said, it would appear to be a control mechanism. My point was if they had to live in the third world places I used to work in, the opportunities to practice Veganism are slim to none! Just imagine trying to find exotic stuff such as almond milk and stuff like that when the vast majority of peeps struggle to find any food at all!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,140

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    Quote Originally Posted by skipper_stu View Post
    My point was if they had to live in the third world places I used to work in, the opportunities to practice Veganism are slim to none! Just imagine trying to find exotic stuff such as almond milk and stuff like that when the vast majority of peeps struggle to find any food at all!
    I was working in Bolivia at one stage. I got a bit bored of the two-hour steak lunches (three hours if you took your time), plus lunchtime was the quietest period in the whole 24 hours for doing system reboots etc, so on the recommendation of a vegetarian Fijian colleague of Indian descent (vegetarian for religious reasons) I tried a local sort of cheese pastie thing. Only time out there I ever got food poisoning.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in limbo at the mo.
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    ][

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,225

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    Quote Originally Posted by lpdsn View Post
    I was working in Bolivia at one stage. I got a bit bored of the two-hour steak lunches (three hours if you took your time), plus lunchtime was the quietest period in the whole 24 hours for doing system reboots etc, so on the recommendation of a vegetarian Fijian colleague of Indian descent (vegetarian for religious reasons) I tried a local sort of cheese pastie thing. Only time out there I ever got food poisoning.
    About right! I wonder do our Vegan friends approve of culling wild animals?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    Cooking for a vegan is fairly simple. Just buy a good Indian cooking book.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,225

    Default Re: Not sure what to do re cooking

    Quote Originally Posted by De.windhoos View Post
    Cooking for a vegan is fairly simple. Just buy a good Indian cooking book.
    Thought they used a lot of butter in their cooking as in ghee?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to