Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Advice given on this Forum

Forum not manual. What you will find is opinion and experience. Its nice to share and discuss. But if you want the manual, this is not the place forvit

Separating the wheat from the chaff is THE problem with anything you find on the web.
    There's no reason why this place should be an exception, I reckon.

This forum is great for advice. It's also great to see the different opinions and at times heated discussions. That's what opinions are all about.

One of my first posts on the forum was asking about petrol boats with outdrives....
    Despite all the advice went and lumbered myself with one....
    Then wasted much time on posts defending the poxy awfull things.....usually with some old tosh about outdrives more economic and petrols being so much cheaper to maintain..total bilge of course.
    Learned a bit but not much....
    Despite all the advice then went and bought a diesel with outdrives..
    Then wasted time with posts defending the poxy things.Usually about how economical outdrives were bla bla.....
    Finally, beaten into submission, went and bought a diesel boat with shafts.
    Then wasted much time warning others about outdrives.
    Does anybody listen....NOPE. .

We’re all welcome to your opinion
    My diesel outdrive combi on a trailer is perfect, dont know why you bought a shaft .....

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    One of my first posts on the forum was asking about petrol boats with outdrives....
    Then wasted much time on posts defending the poxy awfull things.....usually with some old tosh about outdrives more economic and petrols being so much cheaper to maintain..total bilge of course.
    Then wasted time with posts defending the poxy things.Usually about how economical outdrives were bla bla.....
    Oldgit, brillant! Your post should be in the terms & conditions for everyone to sign before they join

I’ve asked a few dumb questions in my short time on the forum and got some great information and advice from some very generous people. There are a few posters who really fancy themselves and like Sir Oracle would prefer not to hear the dogs barking. Makes me laugh when one of them posts something arseways and then blames another poster for misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
    arseways
    Quality

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Made me chuckle

Despite having read and shared your views on outdrives for years we nearly ended up with another outdrive boat. Survey this week revealed loose forward prop, shot steering bush and split bellows on one leg with the UJ thoroughly marinated in salt water. That and other issues meant we have withdrawn. Classic example of ignoring my own and forum advice on the subject!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    Made me chuckle

Despite having read and shared your views on outdrives for years we nearly ended up with another outdrive boat. Survey this week revealed loose forward prop, shot steering bush and split bellows on one leg with the UJ thoroughly marinated in salt water. That and other issues meant we have withdrawn. Classic example of ignoring my own and forum advice on the subject!
    But this must be in the minority as there’s many outdrives out there working fine, it does amaze me that some people can neglect something with such a high value, hope it hasn’t put you off and you find a much better looked after example soon.

I also had a good laugh at oldgits post, I’m glad he can make such jokes now after his experience with his outdrives and am sure one day all will be forgiven and he will own an outdrive powered boat again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast