Question Windsor moorings during royal wedding

I was hoping to pop down to Windsor and moor on the Eaton bank on Friday 18th May. Does anyone know if there is room? I think they are allowing mooring three abreast.

Default Re: Windsor moorings during royal wedding

You're correct on 3 abreast. I drove over the road bridge by the leisure centre earlier this even and spotted a few spaces on the island (where you can more 2 abreast), so that suggests there's plenty of availability at present. Can't say what tomorrow will be like though - the updates from the EA and Thames Valley Police suggest they think it'll be busy with traffic.

Worth checking out the notice to mariners - link on another thread in this forum. There's also a VHF channel if you're equipped - 74 I believe but check the notice.

I'll be on Whitewater III; if you see us give a wave

Quote Originally Posted by jct1981 View Post
    I'll be on Whitewater III; if you see us give a wave
    Would be good to hear your account of the goings on at Windsor. Reports suggest not as busy on the river as feared.
    TMBA - Championing the non tidal Thames

Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Would be good to hear your account of the goings on at Windsor. Reports suggest not as busy on the river as feared.
    What would have been the point of being on the river in Windsor, nothing happened in the vicinity, I don't know why the EA were so concerned. The only value would have been to find a mooring and walk into town, and that's what people do most weekends!

Quote Originally Posted by Brayman View Post
    What would have been the point of being on the river in Windsor, nothing happened in the vicinity, I don't know why the EA were so concerned. The only value would have been to find a mooring and walk into town, and that's what people do most weekends!
    It would appear that the EA were simply discharging their responsibilities as part of the multi-agency security operation. I doubt they had any choice in the matter.

By all accounts there was much less traffic than expected. We took a run down on Sunday and found the river very quiet and quite a few empty mooring places. No queues at Boveney lock of any significance - in fact we were first locking as we arrived both ways.
    TMBA - Championing the non tidal Thames

It was definitely very quiet, we went from Henley to Bourne End and back and was first into every lock.

We cruised up from Wraysbury to Windsor in record time and greeted with two uniformed lock keepers at both locks.
    Fastest we have ever been to Windsor.
    Great day and lots of EA boats along with police Rib and Police Botnia Targa from London.
    Moored at the Oakley court hotel on the pleasure boat dock.
    Not used anymore so deep mooring for all you big boats
    For your dream boat get on the web !!!!!!

www.thamesboatsales.co.uk

Which section of the Oakley Court Frontage is /was the 'Pleasure Boat Dock'?

Yes
    We put the bow line through the ring on the pilon ahead then reversed back to the dock.
    I have tried to upload a photo but don’t know how
    For your dream boat get on the web !!!!!!

www.thamesboatsales.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by cereal tiller View Post
    Which section of the Oakley Court Frontage is /was the 'Pleasure Boat Dock'?
    It's under the boathouse meeting room but not used for years. The only 'craft' hiding in there for some years now has been the old timber lock raft from Boveney.
    When I was in the Navy ...