Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Double image 7x50 binoculars. Again.

Thanks

the problem is that I ain't that familiar with the specific mechanics of the TASCO MARINE binocular and besides the method and actual algorithm I may use for collimating (that would be the next problem) I need to locate the adjusting screws.

Quote Originally Posted by scud63 View Post
    Thanks

the problem is that I ain't that familiar with the specific mechanics of the TASCO MARINE binocular and besides the method and actual algorithm I may use for collimating (that would be the next problem) I need to locate the adjusting screws.
    I’m not familiar with Tasso binoculars but normally prisms are fixed an adjustments are made on the Objective glass which is the big one at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by scud63 View Post
    Thanks

You'll probably find the screws easily but only after you've stripped the 'rubbery' (probably) stuff on the main body of the binoculars. Only need to do one side (I did the left side). The two small screws become very obvious once cover is off.

I held the bins to my eyes and twiddled slowly one screw and then another, watching until the image lined up. I used a jewellers screwdriver.

I replaced the cover on the bin with superglue round the edges but not before I had punched a hole over where the screw showed, so that when covered, you could readjust the bins 'next time' without removing the cover. I am happy taking the risk that the screw might corrode from salt water ingress at some point - as I have a few spare binoculars in the cupboard now!
    Ever hopeful that the new landfall will be as good as the last one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234