Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Marina

Default Massive thunderstorm with rain

Just getting lots of hits on My Lightening Tracker on my phone. Currently safely at home at the top of the North Downs, but the main storm is just starting. Anyone north of the Whistable is going to get hammered shortly. Glad I am not onboard.
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Default Re: Massive thunderstorm with rain

I'm in Holland on the boat. We had a massive lightning storm on Thursday and really heavy rain. The grandkids arrive today and there is thunder and lightning forecast for most days this week. Grrrr.
    Not all who wander are lost

Been feeling quite muggy last few days so it'll be good to clear the air. Annoying though as my radar was due to be taken off to do a little bit of fibreglass work on the flybridge arch.
    Electrics & electronics Suffolk & Southwold Boatyard
    Custom Panels + Eberspacher/Webasto

We are in our boat in Rochester. It was very noisy with torrential rain but only for about half an hour or so. Started about 00.15. At least it washed the salt off after our trip down here 😀

Absolutely nothing. Pretty quiet night at SYH and a pleasant sail back to Titchmarsh midday. I gather that it has been chaos inland, with a house burned down at Stanway and Stansted in some trouble.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by johnalison View Post
    Absolutely nothing. Pretty quiet night at SYH and a pleasant sail back to Titchmarsh midday. I gather that it has been chaos inland, with a house burned down at Stanway and Stansted in some trouble.
    Some people here at Shotley said it rained very hard about 0200, i slept soundly though
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post
    Some people here at Shotley said it rained very hard about 0200, i slept soundly though
    That's miles away. And I had a fairly liquid BBQ in the evening anyway.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Marina

Looks like some more thunderstorms might arrive overnight. Currently mid Channel with even more around the Paris area.
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Home-Sidcup, boat-Lower Halstow, Kent, England

We were ashore at the eastern end of Sheppey. Lots of distant lightning and a short shower during the night, but no storm overhead. It seems Queenborough at the other end of the Island and Lower Halstow where the boat is, had it quite badly. Despite the previously forecast rain for Sunday I did a quick dash up to Brightlingsea to meet up with some friends, and back this morning. Not a drop of rain, a bit breezy with the wind on the nose Sunday, and virtually none his morning, but almost uninterrupted sun both days.