Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy The Folly, River Medina

Much talk on the pontoons by visitors complaining vehemently about the poor quality of the food plus off-hand service.

This formerly very popular pub lost it's 'key' manager a couple of years ago but has also had a recent management change - apparently not for the better.

Default Re: The Folly, River Medina

Might be overwhelmed by numbers? A charter Bav with 10 on board were off there on Sat so it might be down to bank holiday . We always find coast in cowes copes well and continues to draw in numbers so maybe a water taxi to Cowes is a solution for those searching out finer dining on the island. If a shorter trip preferred lifeboat at east Cowes marina always seem popular for the family group looking for basic good grub.

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Given just about everybody leaving Portsmouth harbour promptly turned right over the weekend I expect it was rammed.

Bearing in mind that when we visited earlier in the summer the Folly only had a 2* hygiene rating we decided to not even have a drink there!

Although it qualifies as "not my kind of place" in so many ways it would be remiss of me not to say something positive about their serving us when we rocked up after 10pm having been one of the last to finish within time for the RTIR. A completely slack organisation would have been saying "sorry kitchen's closed" at 9.

The place was oddly empty that night whereas I remember it being packed after the other RTIR I did in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Little Grebe View Post
    Our club has 5 *
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

We were there overnight the weekend before last and there was a complete lack of staff given the beautiful weather. The food was ok but the whole place lacked the "Andy" buzz of a few years ago , He now runs the pub down at Black Gang Chine if anyones interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerTarga52 View Post
    We were there overnight the weekend before last and there was a complete lack of staff given the beautiful weather. The food was ok but the whole place lacked the "Andy" buzz of a few years ago , He now runs the pub down at Black Gang Chine if anyones interested.
    Let me check that pub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast