Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: GRP Future Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Minn View Post
    I did ask Tide Mill YH. (I’ve known Richard and the gang for 30 years.) They laughed!
    I didn’t even ask.

If you bring her the club, we could have that beer. I wou”d love to have a look over her.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by pyrojames View Post
    I didn’t even ask.

If you bring her the club, we could have that beer. I wou”d love to have a look over her.
    I’ve taken myself off the waiting list for the club marina. But I have been invited to make liberal use of the hammerheads.

It’s buoy opposite SYH or Ipswich wet dock... was planning to ask your advice
    Last edited by Minn; 27-08-18 at 08:37.

Didn't really want a Cannes toy; I reckon this is today’s equivalent of the pilot cutter or smack being sold out of service.

My tatty old Mondeo gives a sense of scale.
    Wasn't she initially called British Soldier and renamed to something that wouldn't draw attention to service personnel in foreign ports she might visit. The fuzzy wuzzies would never click on to the name Kukri has a service connection

Spent a fortnight sailing her around the Canaries about 86 time. We nearly put her on her side when we were caught by a strong wind between the islands with the huge No 1 up. Sun cream and glasses went everywhere as we dashed to the bow to drag that sail down in short order. Made a great bed on the deck each evening though, too hot to sleep down below.
    Moody 31

Quote Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
    Wasn't she initially called British Soldier and renamed to something that wouldn't draw attention to service personnel in foreign ports she might visit. The fuzzy wuzzies would never click on to the name Kukri has a service connection

Spent a fortnight sailing her around the Canaries about 86 time. We nearly put her on her side when we were caught by a strong wind between the islands with the huge No 1 up. Sun cream and glasses went everywhere as we dashed to the bow to drag that sail down in short order. Made a great bed on the deck each evening though, too hot to sleep down below.
    Actually that was this one. Quailo III became British Soldier but it was thought that such a name would be a standing temptation to the IRA, so she became Broadsword and now she is Quailo III again...

http://www.sandemanyachtcompany.co.u...ad-cutter-1971

Thanks for the correction.

There is one left with JSASTC, Dasher I think. The lads in the yard think she will see this season out and then be released for sale too. Shame said Dasher down to Gib, lovely boat even if it was run aground the week before we left.

Pete
    Moody 31

Yes. I have been told that the plan is to do the NW Passage with Dasher, then sell her.

If I know anything about the Services, HMS Hornet will be sitting on a huge pile of spare everything from her sisters and I have my eye on that pile!

Yes. I have been told that the plan is to do the NW Passage with Dasher, then sell her.

If I know anything about the Services, HMS Hornet will be sitting on a huge pile of spare everything from her sisters and I have my eye on that pile!
    Have I missed something, you've bought a Nic55?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456