Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loxo 32.

Default Loxo 32.

What do we think of the Loxo 32?

http://www.pogostructures.com/en/loxo-32-en/

There's a lot to like about it, the low speed planing is nice, I wonder how the transition from D to P is.

Default Re: Loxo 32.

Quote Originally Posted by burgundyben View Post
    What do we think of the Loxo 32?

http://www.pogostructures.com/en/loxo-32-en/

There's a lot to like about it, the low speed planing is nice, I wonder how the transition from D to P is.
    interesting boat. God its no weight at all!

First thoughts are I quite like it, inside seems a odd layout, in my similar length boat my layout and interior looks far bigger and that is saying something as half my boat is cockpit. But then I am burning 1.75L/nm at 11knots as opposed to 0.5 L/nm at 10knots.

I wonder what she would be like in a chop. Would be very interesting to see, she looks like she might get a bit bouncy.

My other thought.... we better all embrace these sorts of boats, or we might all have to turn to sailing.

My first impression is it’s like a Greenline, ie yachtlike sans keel and mast. A lot has been written that this makes a rocky boat but I don’t know if it’s true. When length of boat is everything most people go for a fat wallowy boat because 9.5 m can get you a lot of live aboard space. To me, she is perfect for someone who likes to take their boat out everyday which makes the fuel bill rise.

Firefly
    Re Pogo sailing boats a friend had a Pogo 30 for a while. He could get 23knots if windy enough in racing trim.
    Very much a no frills builder (no pun)

Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    Firefly
    Re Pogo sailing boats a friend had a Pogo 30 for a while. He could get 23knots if windy enough in racing trim.
    Very much a no frills builder (no pun)
    that's quick! no frills, no weight.. certainly not to be sniffed at.

80B0C699-BA64-473C-8E71-C3D84434AB70.jpeg

Kind of has a MacGregor feel about it minus the flappy bits.

Funniest thing I’ve seen is one of those overtake a yacht at full whack off Egypt point. The helm turned to holla but nothing came out

Yeah but the MacGregor was an oddity and pile of crap.

I see the Loxo as ideal for a commuter in inshore waters, if you lived in a Nordic archipelago and commuted it would be fab.

Can’t argue with that

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly625 View Post
    interesting boat. God its no weight at all!

First thoughts are I quite like it, inside seems a odd layout, in my similar length boat my layout and interior looks far bigger and that is saying something as half my boat is cockpit. But then I am burning 1.75L/nm at 11knots as opposed to 0.5 L/nm at 10knots.

I wonder what she would be like in a chop. Would be very interesting to see, she looks like she might get a bit bouncy.

My other thought.... we better all embrace these sorts of boats, or we might all have to turn to sailing.
    The green line is a lot more than a sailboat without a keel or rig
    Its very definitely a motorboat hull, with shaft drive propulsion. The 33 (their first model) was pretty good but subsequent models are excellent.
    Pick of the range is the 48 which is a proper long range cruising motor yacht

I think it looks great although a terrible helm position. However if you want it to be a cruiser you have to add so much kit and extra features it will loose all the performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast