Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Bradwell Marina Bar service issues

Quote Originally Posted by NealB View Post
    Our boat has been at Bradwell over the winter, and we'll be there for a couple of weeks yet.

Just to put another point of view: we love the Marina Bar, and have used it fairly regularly.

On a sunny evening, the verandah is a lovely spot to watch the sun go down.

The beer is good, and sensibly priced.

The food is basic, but we've always enjoyed it.

We've found it a welcoming, helpful, enjoyable place to spend a bit of time: never experienced any rudeness, unhelpfulness or surly service.

I like it!
    I tend to agree. We often go there with friends for a light meal and find staff ok and fine for friendly chat if not too busy.. But if you decide to go to the Green Man instead the marina owner will not mind as he owns that as well!!
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Green Man, Bradwell, the only pub I have ever come across that would not allow my guide dog in, whilst we had a meal. Offered us a space in the bar but not in the Resturant “because of the carpets”. Illegal but I couldn’t be arsed to follow it up, but have never forgotten it. Told the owner/manager to stick his pub where the sun don’t shine. Ignorant and rude.

Quote Originally Posted by NUTMEG View Post
    Green Man, Bradwell, the only pub I have ever come across that would not allow my guide dog in, whilst we had a meal. Offered us a space in the bar but not in the Resturant “because of the carpets”. Illegal but I couldn’t be arsed to follow it up, but have never forgotten it. Told the owner/manager to stick his pub where the sun don’t shine. Ignorant and rude.
    Yup. The woman there sat and glared at us until we drank up and left. I’ve never, ever felt so unwelcome in a pub.
    You canít make me, Iím retired.
    You sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by NUTMEG View Post
    Did you really need the guide dog with you in the bar?
    i , for one, hate dogs in public places especially where one eats. Whilst i appreciate guide dogs are well trained and not of the usual kind i still have a fear of them, so in a way i tend to understand the landlords refusal.
    You must have been with somebody, so not dependant on the dog.
    Of course rudeness is not acceptable, but neither is it nice to tell them where to stick their pub and ther is often 2 sides to a story
    Last edited by Daydream believer; 16-06-18 at 07:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    Did you really need the guide dog with you in the bar?
    i , for one, hate dogs in public places especially where one eats. Whilst i appreciate guide dogs are well trained and not of the usual kind i still have a fear of them, so in a way i tend to understand the landlords refusal.
    Of course rudeness is not acceptable, but neither is it nice to tell them where to stick their pub and ther is often 2 sides to a story
    Speaking as someone who has come close to losing sight, I have little sympathy with the view that guide dogs are not welcome in food areas, or indeed anywhere else. Neither does the law and that’s been around now for 23 years. Page 4 might be helpful. https://www.guidedogs.org.uk/media/5...cess-guide.pdf
    You sort it out.

Beat me to it...

"Service providers have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that disabled people can access services. This includes amending a Ďno dogsí policy to allow guide dogs and other assistance dogs."

You must have been with somebody, so not dependant on the dog.
    So what do you then do with the guide dog that is trained to stay with you at all times? They're not the sort of dog that you tie up out the front and walk away from, and infact by doing this, you can undermine the dogs training.
    Last edited by matthewriches; 16-06-18 at 07:48.
    Electrics & electronics Suffolk & Southwold Boatyard
    Custom Panels + Eberspacher/Webasto

PS I don’t think there can be two sides to that story, it was a binary decision; are guide dogs allowed, or not? There’s no grey area.
    You sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Murphy View Post
    PS I don’t think there can be two sides to that story, it was a binary decision; are guide dogs allowed, or not? There’s no grey area.
    I was referring to the rudeness issue.
    by the way - my mother was a blind person for the last 10 years of her life and partially blind for 30 years before that and with a daughter who is partially sighted i am aware of problems of those with sight deficiencies. So i am not just being cynical
    Last edited by Daydream believer; 16-06-18 at 08:13.

I was referring to the rudeness issue.
    by the way - my mother was a blind person for the last 10 years of her life and partially blind for 30 years before that and with a daughter who is partially sighted i am aware of problems of those with sight deficiencies. So i am not just being cynical
    Sadly, reading through the other Tripadvisor negative reviews, rudeness seems to be the common currency at the Green Man. A cynic (me) might feel that all they were after was money and an easy life.
    Sorry to hear that about you mum and daughter, its a horrible, horrible condition. I was extremely fortunate that my treatment was rapid and expert, otherwise I would not be as able as I am.
    You sort it out.

Have to disagree about the Green Man too. Again maybe we have just been lucky but we've always had great food and a good time.

On the subject of dogs, no excuse for the guide dog incident but once at the Green Man we sat next to the door and an incoming dog jumped up at me as we were eating. Unhygienic and unnerving as it jumped up from behind me.

I don't subscribe to the 'he's only being friendly' school of thought. As an ex dog owner I think if you can't control your dog you should't take it into an environment where people are eating.

Rant over but 'I love my dog you should too.......' is not an acceptable point of view.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234