Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bradwell Marina Bar service issues

Green Man at Bradwell - generally excellent. Had one bad meal there in ten years.
    King's Head Bradwell - it's a long walk to find out that their published opening hours don't reflect actual opening hours.

"King's Head Bradwell - it's a long walk to find out that their published opening hours don't reflect actual opening hours."

This is a very good general point; have learned the hard way not to believe opening hours published online - telephone and ask are you opening/serving food - anywhere now, particularly Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by ianc1200 View Post
    "King's Head Bradwell - it's a long walk to find out that their published opening hours don't reflect actual opening hours."

This is a very good general point; have learned the hard way not to believe opening hours published online - telephone and ask are you opening/serving food - anywhere now, particularly Sundays.
    That is so annoying !

I find it hard to see the logic behind it. "We are not taking any orders for food, because it was quiet". Really, well it isn't going to get any busier if your not taking orders, is it ?

This is almost a daily occurrence at the Shipwreck, which is nuts as they live there, they even close the bar early though. Also happened to me a couple of times recently at the Rose. Both times the Rose stopped serving early we went to the Butt and Oyster at Pin Mill,, who were busy and opened until the published times. Always good food, regular menu changes and very reasonable prices at the Butt, good atmosphere and nice staff too, my favourite eatery on the whole peninsula.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post
    That is so annoying !

I find it hard to see the logic behind it. "We are not taking any orders for food, because it was quiet". Really, well it isn't going to get any busier if your not taking orders, is it ?

This is almost a daily occurrence at the Shipwreck, which is nuts as they live there, they even close the bar early though. Also happened to me a couple of times recently at the Rose. Both times the Rose stopped serving early we went to the Butt and Oyster at Pin Mill,, who were busy and opened until the published times. Always good food, regular menu changes and very reasonable prices at the Butt, good atmosphere and nice staff too, my favourite eatery on the whole peninsula.
    My experience of Deben Inns pubs has always been good. The Butt, the Maybush at Waldringfield and the Coach and Horses at Melton have all been excellent...
    Larry Botheras

Colvic Victor 35 "Gladys"

Roger, you are quite correct. It is a decent location and some of the bar staff are friendly but Mick distinctly unwelcoming (almost hostile). My wife makes a regular pilgrimage in to the bar to complain about the condition of the ladies toilets which oddly seem to be generally much worse that the mens. She usually just gets a grumpy response. The terrace, as others have said, is a nice place to sit with a pint but the bar itself not great. Whenever I go up to Titchmarsh, SYH or Woodbridge I am very envious of their excellent shower and toilet facilities and the cleanliness. I think these places actually employ a cleaner rather than somebody who wanders in and flushes a few loos which is what it looks like at Bradwell.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by morgandlm View Post
    Roger, you are quite correct. It is a decent location and some of the bar staff are friendly but Mick distinctly unwelcoming (almost hostile). My wife makes a regular pilgrimage in to the bar to complain about the condition of the ladies toilets which oddly seem to be generally much worse that the mens. She usually just gets a grumpy response. The terrace, as others have said, is a nice place to sit with a pint but the bar itself not great. Whenever I go up to Titchmarsh, SYH or Woodbridge I am very envious of their excellent shower and toilet facilities and the cleanliness. I think these places actually employ a cleaner rather than somebody who wanders in and flushes a few loos which is what it looks like at Bradwell.
    David
    David I'm glad it's not just me. Your wife should write to the marina and complain. The men's loos are better than they used to be but still not great. After 4 weeks in Holland you realise that things can be done properly. Berthing is much cheaper and loos and showers always immaculate, even ones left open all day for the public.
    Not all who wander are lost

Titchmarsh loos & showers are OK but I wouldn't call them luxurious. It is true that they have a cleaner; she was busy cleaning the ladies' at 9am on Sunday morning! We encountered a similar problem at SYH. Their loos are fairly spacious but hardly well designed. I may be fussy, but I do think that showers and loos should have some degree of separation.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Maybe we've just been lucky but the Bradwell Marina Bar has always been great as far as we are concerned. Rush hour at weekend lunchtimes does seem to mean a long wait to get served though. The Green Man is always excellent and the Kings Head is good but doesn't do much in the way of bar snacks - its full meals only.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post
    That is so annoying !

We couldn't eat at 8pm one evening in the Shipwreck cos they'd closed the kitchen - had a very acceptable meal at the Bristol Arms...

Quote Originally Posted by morgandlm View Post
    David
    I can confirm that Titchmarsh uses cleaners on a daily basis; one of them is great friends with our dog!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast