Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls for Sail

Default Re: Girls for Sail

Quote Originally Posted by bedouin View Post
    None of the exceptions would apply to a company set up to run women only sailing courses although they would make it fine for a company that offered courses to everyone to offer women only weeks alongside mixed ones.

In fact I don't have a problem with this - I think the discrimination legislation goes too far. There is no problem with girls only sailing companies provided men are not excluded from the sport. The problem is where people have double standards - they object to discrimination against women while applauding it against men,
    The year of the suffragette and yet people still think womens only thingies are ok. As you say, double standards.
    PS my original was a joke!

Is Girlsgosailing a sister organisation which is the new version maybe? Left the debts behind?

Quote Originally Posted by bedouin View Post
    None of the exceptions would apply to a company set up to run women only sailing courses although they would make it fine for a company that offered courses to everyone to offer women only weeks alongside mixed ones.
    I'm not convinced. I can't see any reason why a company cannot be set up to address an imbalance in participation in any activity.

The problem is where people have double standards - they object to discrimination against women while applauding it against men,
    The reverse is more common, I find - people who object to discrimination in favour of women while happily accepting discrimination in favour of men.

You see a related response when universities use contextual admission policies - which basically lower A-level grade requirements for applicants from poorer school. "Social engineering!" scream private sector schools and parents, as if spending £20k per year for six year to buy better A-level grades than would have been achieved elsewhere wasn't the most pernicious social engineering in the UK ...
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

A quick chase round the usual sources reveals that Girlsgosailing is not , in itself, a registered company. But that may mean it is the trading arm. I must admit that IMO that there is considerable similarity between the old G4S and the new GGS websites.

Annie O'Sullivan, who owns Cowes Yacht Charters, registered on the IoW, is listed as director of Girls For Sail (Holdings) Ltd, with a London contact address. She was quoted in the papers as also being the owner of the Caribbean villa involved in the unpleasant assault in Feb 2016. Girls for Sail (Holdings) Ltd was compulsorily dissolved on 12 Apr 2016. Cowes Yacht Charters is apparently currently trading.

According to "Whois Girlsforsail.com", Girlsforsail is owned by Parkwood Holdings. Earlier, Girls For Sail owners included Anne O'Sullivan of the domain name Anne O'Sullivan, with an address common to Girls for Sail Holdings.

All very circuitous and public domain info, but changes of name and owner in the holiday business are not unknown, aren't they ?
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper_stu View Post
    The year of the suffragette and yet people still think womens only thingies are ok. As you say, double standards.
    Can you guess what the following London Clubs have in common? Boodle's, Brook's, Bucks, East India, Flyfisher's, Garrick. London Sketch, Portland, Pratt's, Savage, Savile, Travellers', Beefsteak, White's.

Hint: Until five years ago - 95 years after (some) women won the right to vote - the same feature applied to the Royal Yacht Squadron.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    A quick chase round the usual sources reveals that Girlsgosailing is not , in itself, a registered company. But that may mean it is the trading arm. I must admit that IMO that there is considerable similarity between the old G4S and the new GGS websites.

Annie O'Sullivan, who owns Cowes Yacht Charters, registered on the IoW, is listed as director of Girls For Sail (Holdings) Ltd, with a London contact address. She was quoted in the papers as also being the owner of the Caribbean villa involved in the unpleasant assault in Feb 2016. Girls for Sail (Holdings) Ltd was compulsorily dissolved on 12 Apr 2016. Cowes Yacht Charters is apparently currently trading.

According to "Whois Girlsforsail.com", Girlsforsail is owned by Parkwood Holdings. Earlier, Girls For Sail owners included Anne O'Sullivan of the domain name Anne O'Sullivan, with an address common to Girls for Sail Holdings.

All very circuitous and public domain info, but changes of name and owner in the holiday business are not unknown, aren't they ?
    How do you get to "unpleasant" assault?

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    Can you guess what the following London Clubs have in common? Boodle's, Brook's, Bucks, East India, Flyfisher's, Garrick. London Sketch, Portland, Pratt's, Savage, Savile, Travellers', Beefsteak, White's.

Hint: Until five years ago - 95 years after (some) women won the right to vote - the same feature applied to the Royal Yacht Squadron.
    Muddying the waters, two wrongs dont make a right!
    Last edited by Heckler; 16-06-18 at 20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctavish View Post
    How do you get to "unpleasant" assault?
    What's your idea of a 'pleasant assault'?

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post

They have at least a clue how to use apostophies correctly, unlike a certain illiterate old dinosaur?

"What's your idea of a 'pleasant assault"
    you see my point then. apply that to rape. you could have done that yourself.
    Last edited by Mctavish; 16-06-18 at 20:36.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast