Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Default Re: Under way, eventually (a 1200+ Nm cruise around Italy)

For some reason the video doesn’t load for me?

Quote Originally Posted by scubaman View Post
    For some reason the video doesn’t load for me?
    K, that's weird, considering that some others were able to see it, as I understand.
    Maybe it has something to see with local restrictions connected to the soundtrack I used...

The straight link is the following, just in case:
    https://youtu.be/oHb755wP2GA
    Failing that, can you possibly access the web using some IP-changing tools?
    As a last resort, just shout and I'll upload another version with no music...

Quote Originally Posted by AndieMac View Post
    Are your friends staying aboard for the Adriatic crossing or are you and S doing it alone?
    Yup, they are.
    Well, they were actually, because they just left to take their plane back to Sardinia.
    Which was our main reason for crossing yesterday in less than ideal conditions, as per poll about speed deviations...

Btw, I'm quite happy to confirm that speed deviations aside (which according to the first poll results are more normal than I would have thought), the boat didn't mind the conditions one bit.
    Actually, when I tried for a few mins to push her at 26 kts or so, she kept going as a freight train - even better than at low 20s, actually.
    I just preferred to keep the engines at 1700 rather than 2000 rpm, in conditions where I didn't want them to overheat or whatever.
    The old lady would have ploughed through that sea at 8kts as stable as a rock, but going off the plane with the DP wouldn't have been fun...

P Your so fast in your P boat, i can’ t keep track. ;-)
    We were in san foca during our round South Italy trip, yes was ok, the restaurant overlooking the marina was just average ( which is still very good for us Ital food fans). You skipped polignano ? We liked that very much!!! And some exceptionally good resto’s
    Good going, you’ll be soon reaching Ital islands...

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    P Your so fast in your P boat, i can’ t keep track.
    LOL, indeed. Below is a screenshot taken earlier today...

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Yup, they are.
    Well, they were actually, because they just left to take their plane back to Sardinia.
    Which was our main reason for crossing yesterday in less than ideal conditions, as per poll about speed deviations...

Btw, I'm quite happy to confirm that speed deviations aside (which according to the first poll results are more normal than I would have thought), the boat didn't mind the conditions one bit.
    Actually, when I tried for a few mins to push her at 26 kts or so, she kept going as a freight train - even better than at low 20s, actually.
    I just preferred to keep the engines at 1700 rather than 2000 rpm, in conditions where I didn't want them to overheat or whatever.
    The old lady would have ploughed through that sea at 8kts as stable as a rock, but going off the plane with the DP wouldn't have been fun...
    Depending on the sea conditions of course, but the old Princess at 1200 HP each and cruising at 24-25 knots would be drawn back to 20 knots and shot forward to 30 in bigger conditions.
    The AP was set around midway to allow the boat to yaw slightly in quartering seas and not course correct too savagely, making the passage as comfortable as possible for the crew.

I agree with your "old lady's" comfort level in a sloppy sea, she was very impressive from my experience
    Last edited by AndieMac; Yesterday at 22:15.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    K, that's weird, considering that some others were able to see it, as I understand.
    Maybe it has something to see with local restrictions connected to the soundtrack I used...

The straight link is the following, just in case:
    https://youtu.be/oHb755wP2GA
    Failing that, can you possibly access the web using some IP-changing tools?
    As a last resort, just shout and I'll upload another version with no music...
    Thank you, got it now! Don't know what the problem was but couldn't see it on my mobile.

Very nice thunderstorm and you did a very nice job capturing it. That closing shot is beautiful.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718