Default South coast UK to Gibraltar, via Scilly Isles, departing 8th July

Hello! My wife and I are sailing our beautiful turquoise Nordia 57 from Gillingham in Kent to our new home in Gibraltar, departing 8th July. We are looking for one capable, experienced crew member to help, who preferably holds a Yachtmaster, is practical and has some ocean sailing experience. But we can be a little flexible, providing you know what you're doing and are happy being a watch leader. We are young, slightly alternative professionals - anyone interested can see a bit of what we're about on our Instagram (drugboatdreams) - and will be joined by my father (a novice sailor).

We intend to sail first to Cowes as a shake-down (likely arriving 10th), then potentially stopping for one day in Portsmouth, before heading out to the Scilly Isles (likely arriving around 13th). We will then, after a day or two of rest and contingent on weather window, etc, head down towards Portugal. From there we will head down the coast of Portugal and Spain to Gibraltar, hopefully arriving by 21st July. The crew could join at any point in the south coast journey (i.e. Gillingham, Cowes, potentially Portsmouth).

We can provide food, fluids, a bunk and cover of travel costs (e.g. trains, and a flight back from Gibraltar), and can discuss any other needs with the right person. We're keen to find someone we click with to join us, so please message if you think you'd be a good fit.

The yacht is a 57' aluminium cutter-rigged sloop. She has hydraulic furling on all sails, hydraulic bow thruster and windlass, hydraulic winches, full new set of instruments and autopilot. This should be a fun journey and a nice summer adventure.

Default Re: South coast UK to Gibraltar, via Scilly Isles, departing 8th July

Quote Originally Posted by DrugboatDreams View Post
    Hello! My wife and I are sailing our beautiful turquoise Nordia 57 from Gillingham in Kent to our new home in Gibraltar, departing 8th July. We are looking for one capable, experienced crew member to help, who preferably holds a Yachtmaster, is practical and has some ocean sailing experience. But we can be a little flexible, providing you know what you're doing and are happy being a watch leader. We are young, slightly alternative professionals - anyone interested can see a bit of what we're about on our Instagram (drugboatdreams) - and will be joined by my father (a novice sailor).

We intend to sail first to Cowes as a shake-down (likely arriving 10th), then potentially stopping for one day in Portsmouth, before heading out to the Scilly Isles (likely arriving around 13th). We will then, after a day or two of rest and contingent on weather window, etc, head down towards Portugal. From there we will head down the coast of Portugal and Spain to Gibraltar, hopefully arriving by 21st July. The crew could join at any point in the south coast journey (i.e. Gillingham, Cowes, potentially Portsmouth).

We can provide food, fluids, a bunk and cover of travel costs (e.g. trains, and a flight back from Gibraltar), and can discuss any other needs with the right person. We're keen to find someone we click with to join us, so please message if you think you'd be a good fit.

The yacht is a 57' aluminium cutter-rigged sloop. She has hydraulic furling on all sails, hydraulic bow thruster and windlass, hydraulic winches, full new set of instruments and autopilot. This should be a fun journey and a nice summer adventure.
    Portsmouth first, then Cowes, then Yarmouth, might be more logical.

Quote Originally Posted by alant View Post
    Portsmouth first, then Cowes, then Yarmouth, might be more logical.
    Oh dear... Yes indeed. PLYMOUTH. I meant Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by DrugboatDreams View Post
    Oh dear... Yes indeed. PLYMOUTH. I meant Plymouth.
    Weymouth could be a stopover, then Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by alant View Post
    Weymouth could be a stopover, then Plymouth.
    The Plymouth stop is just for some potential work to be carried out. We're trying to do the journey relatively quickly.