Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Live Staffordshire Moorlands/Boat Pwllheli

Default Re: IRC Rating - Spinnaker size

Quote Originally Posted by savageseadog View Post
    Round Isle of Man, Manx Sailing and Cruising Club, Sunday 8th June
    8th of June was a Friday and Sunday wa the 10th
    Two ISORA races to and from the IOM. Plenty of breeze later on the Sunday, Friday a bit lighter. But I take your point!
    Sunfast 3200
    Irish Sea

Quote Originally Posted by harstonwood View Post
    8th of June was a Friday and Sunday wa the 10th
    Two ISORA races to and from the IOM. Plenty of breeze later on the Sunday, Friday a bit lighter. But I take your point!
    8th July in fact. Those that say I don't know what day it is might be right.

We did about 18 miles in 10 hours total, about 1-2Kn for the first 4 hours about 3Kn in the next two hours, we ground to a complete halt in the end.
    If I'd wanted to live in a Banana Republic I'd have gone to South America.

In reply to the original question, to get 7 points out of the spinnakers it would be need 28sqm taking out approx...

As others have pointed out the boat is sticky in the light so you don't want to reduce too much sail area.

You could do it but you would want to look at getting the points from all over the boat, re-weigh (possibly add a battery or two to help), work on your overhangs, some out of main P and E, little out of Jib LL and maybee a slightly shorter sprit.
    www.highwatersails.com - Sail Faster, Sail Further

Live Staffordshire Moorlands/Boat Pwllheli

Quote Originally Posted by Steve The Seagull View Post
    In reply to the original question, to get 7 points out of the spinnakers it would be need 28sqm taking out approx...

As others have pointed out the boat is sticky in the light so you don't want to reduce too much sail area.

Weighing next month and measure the sails, and then take it from there! Certainly don’t want to reduce the sail area by that much!

You could do it but you would want to look at getting the points from all over the boat, re-weigh (possibly add a battery or two to help), work on your overhangs, some out of main P and E, little out of Jib LL and maybee a slightly shorter sprit.
    Sunfast 3200
    Irish Sea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12