Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: First Boat: Sunseeker Mexico 24

Thanks Rob- I hoped you spot the thread as I'd found yours and have spent an evening looking back through your facebook photos of the refurb. We're at a very frustrating time because we're keen to get the bought out as soon as possible so we've contracted in guys at the boat yard to do a lot of the work but that means I don't have access to it at the evenings and weekends to tinker. I'm feeling at a bit of a loose end and household cores aren't quite a fun!

Quote Originally Posted by neil-c-8 View Post
    Thanks Rob- I hoped you spot the thread as I'd found yours and have spent an evening looking back through your facebook photos of the refurb. We're at a very frustrating time because we're keen to get the bought out as soon as possible so we've contracted in guys at the boat yard to do a lot of the work but that means I don't have access to it at the evenings and weekends to tinker. I'm feeling at a bit of a loose end and household cores aren't quite a fun!
    There are some disadvantages of having the boat at home too - always something to do and thus my 2 months morphed into 8 as I found funds for a few more jobs... Thankfully I'm patient where things like this are concerned, perhaps a good thing as the Fletcher Arrowbolt has been on the driveway for 7 years! This winter will be a busy one I think... Look forward to seeing yours afloat - take lots of pictures of your travels please too!
    Follow my boat ramblings - https://www.facebook.com/RobsBoatDiary/

So boat update is that there isn’t much to report. After leaving the boat in with a local marine mechanics to have some work done because it was supposed to be quicker than us doing it, they’ve had it 3 1/2 weeks so far. Fitting of the VHF and Raymarine Firefly 7 is hopefully being finished today, a few gel coat repairs from bow trailer dings where completed last week, now we are just waiting on engine checks to be carried out. Hopefully that will be done by this weekend but I’m not getting my hopes up!

On another note - I went to buy fire extinguishers today and the company refused to sell me FE36 extinguishers for a boat. Apparently FE36 no longer complies with British Standards for marine engines as it can only be certified for sealed rooms/compartments. On the plus side they’re therefore selling off their remaining stocks of FE36 extinguishers at 1/3 of the price that I can get them online! (They’ll sell me it as long as I state it’s not being used on a boat apparently) Think it’ll still buy FE36 and have a backup powder one on the deck.
    Last edited by neil-c-8; 24-07-18 at 15:23.

So yesterday was the big day, well actually Saturday should have been the big day but a months worth of rain fell in a couple of hours at the marina so we didn't even take the cover off the boat. Saturday turned into just paying the bill for: the engine inspection, impeller replacement, gel coat repairs and cleaning. Then into the shop for new ropes and fenders. Annoyingly they only had double ended fenders rather than single ended but we were too inpatient to wait for delivery just for vanity.

Sunday morning we headed out with the owner of the marine mechanics for our first run as he offered to show us around and give us some location knowledge and tips. This was a real help as he showed us all of the local landmarks that he used for navigation in case our GPS ever fails.

So below is a photo of us just about to launch:
    0402a9ff_4209_4cf4_adcf_1f909554e513_1_a.jpg

bd59d469_efc4_4c4c_b2ba_b6bb9a753d62a.jpg

And two very short videos of the wake off the back of the boat:

Last edited by neil-c-8; 30-07-18 at 11:24.

One problems that wasn't solved before we launched was that the last owner had the handle of cabin port window pinched by someone who needed one themselves! Does anyone know how I could get a replacement handle similar to below. It would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Nice looking boat - looks fresh from the box!!!

Small sports boats are great fun - try to resist the urge to go bigger for a while - that Mexico looks a peach.

Happy boating
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234