Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schengen forms

Default Re: Schengen forms

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Murphy View Post
    Only place we’ve ever been asked was St Peter Port!
    ...which is outside Schengen??

We came back from Netherlands cruise 3 weeks ago.
    If you go via Belgium be prepared to fill in a Schengen Crew List - we entered and left the Schengen area via Zeebrugge and the RBYC HM asked for then faxed the forms to the local Water Police office each time.
    It all seemed rather laxed but there was a notice in the HM office window advising non Schengen visitors of the requirement. I guess having been asked for the form on the way in, if on our exit his office was closed I would have posted a copy though the office door just to be on the safe side of compliance. The onus is after all on the skipper to comply at the point of Schengen entry and exit.
    That said this was the first time in decades that I have been asked to comply despite the requirement clearly stated in Schengen regs but we sail with up to date forms on board just in case.

I always have schengen forms ready for Belgium when entering Ostend. Sometimes the customs has boarded & asked for them so I have them ready. There used to be a box for posting but I am not sure when this was removed.
    Recently Simon the HM has had to collect them on arrival & he has passed the info on to the authorities. Often they have come straight down to visit us. They certainly did this on the 2 times i went last year. The second was with a club cruise & all of us were visited but I had given every boat a form & they had all been left with Simon so no hassle.
    I understand that once you have entered a schengan area one does not have to repeat the process ( unless you leave & re enter) so if the immigration gives you a receipt you just show any authority that.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    ...which is outside Schengen??
    Well they were little yellow forms anyway!
    One foot in the grave? A documentary.

The police in Ostend filled one out for me about 9 years ago. Since then nobody in Belgium or Holland has asked for forms or passports etc. Four weeks of being ignored this May was OK by me.
    Not all who wander are lost

Thanks all, most helpful. Sounds as though I can be re-active to this without too much problem. May well avoid Belgium, so may be a complete non issue.

We always fill ours in and post them into the little box in IJmuiden. Last year we were inspected in Delfzijl (the other end of the NL) and we said we had submitted them. The officer phoned through for confirmation, which he got. we have often been inspected in the NL and once or twice in Germany. They have never mentioned red diesel, by the way, its usually passports and ships papers they want. It has always been friendly polite and informal. This year, no official has asked us anything at all.

Does anyone know the procedure when crew leave? Our granddaughter and friend arrived with us but have flown home.
    Just got a shrug from Ijmuiden harbour master.
    Last edited by Dan Tribe; 15-07-18 at 18:41.

Just been checked, passports, ownership and radio licence. All very friendly
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12