Default Where is Captain R's ship

St Christopher disappeared from AIS mid journey to Latvia anyone know where it is? Or any idea what has happened to vessel.

Default Re: Where is Captain R's ship

It's moored in Voleri, Riga.

Currently in Grenaa (Denmark).

Main engine (82 Litre Turbo Diesel) is manufactured there. It was fitted to the vessel many moons ago, replacing the original motor. I've met one of the guys who did the job, he came aboard with Neils (he's their expert on the engine).

Main engine has been serviced, Gearbox refurbished. Slave cylinder for the hydraulic control of the variable pitch propeller replaced. Boat has been given the thumbs up by Neils.

Pending a sea trial, she should be ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Honosuseri View Post
    Currently in Grenaa (Denmark).

Main engine (82 Litre Turbo Diesel) is manufactured there. It was fitted to the vessel many moons ago, replacing the original motor. I've met one of the guys who did the job, he came aboard with Neils (he's their expert on the engine).

Main engine has been serviced, Gearbox refurbished. Slave cylinder for the hydraulic control of the variable pitch propeller replaced. Boat has been given the thumbs up by Neils.

Pending a sea trial, she should be ready to move on.
    Iteresting to hear she is almost ready to go, Where to next?

Gosport Wetherspoons with a tin of custard wasn't it?

Just checked, still in Denmark.

Yes it's still in Denmark to my knowledge, she did have a sea trial in late October last year.

The Autopilot was not retrofitted correctly by the Norweigan company employed to do so. A GPS antenna was added to the mast which does work with the chart plotter BUT a signal converter was needed so it could "talk" to the rather old Autopilot system. I managed to get it working correctly for the sea trial in Denmark, left the wheel house to attend to an alarm in the aft engine room. On my return the autopilot was offline again Although the signal converter is now correctly installed it is faulty, the decision was made to winter the ship in Denmark until the spring.

I managed to fractured both bones and the ankle as well, in my right leg at the end of January. I'm not saying I'm irreplaceable and the sole reason it's not been moved BUT considering my experience with the ship and it's systems...it's fair to say my inability to crew the ship is a factor. Captain R told me ideally he would like to move her next month and suggested a couple of possible destinations. I should be discharged in September, IF I'm part of the crew I'll keep you informed of her progress.