Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cardinals and big yellow buoy half way across North Sea

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Found myself in the middle of this area again last night. Coming from the east from IJmuiden to Harwich its precisely when you end up after crossing the DW route having just missed the TSS. IT was'nt marked at all well from the east I found myself at dusk/in the dark negotiating half built structures with dim orange lights having seen no warning cardinals.... and it does cover a large area in pretty deep water.
    Were they a sort of lattice construction with a bit of a platform (not round), and a dim orange light in one top corner. Not particularly high, but then again fairly substantial? Several of them not really in a line, but more orientated N-S rather than E-W. A Lattice antenna at the southern end. East and west cardinals possibly marking it - no idea if there was a N or S as it was such a big area?

We came across this this other evening too - crossed the line after sun down, but not yet dark fortunately - as you say dim yellow lights hard to make out. All rather strange. I have a photo of one which I will post once home.

Default Re: Cardinals and big yellow buoy half way across North Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Pye_End View Post
    Were they a sort of lattice construction with a bit of a platform (not round), and a dim orange light in one top corner. Not particularly high, but then again fairly substantial? Several of them not really in a line, but more orientated N-S rather than E-W. A Lattice antenna at the southern end. East and west cardinals possibly marking it - no idea if there was a N or S as it was such a big area?

We came across this this other evening too - crossed the line after sun down, but not yet dark fortunately - as you say dim yellow lights hard to make out. All rather strange. I have a photo of one which I will post once home.
    Yep, that's the ones, and a big mast in the middle with a red light on top with a couple of flashing lights on it. I passed just to the south of the mast. All very confusing
    Last edited by jimi; 06-08-18 at 09:30.
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12