Default New to Dartmouth

Hi I have just moved to Dartmouth so new to the community here on land and the river although I do not have a lot of money as not working and am 51 have always wanted to be by the sea so for me to be able to look at all these boats on the river everyday is great as I love boats and would love to have one some day i
    would like to join the boat club sometime although at moment can not afford it but would like to maybe meet some people with the same interest or would even love some one who would be kind enough to even show me round there boat and have a chat sometime even would be so nice as I live alone and know no one here as moved from the northwest down to this beautiful town of Dartmouth so maybe there is some out there who have the time to spare to chat sometime even I am james
    Last edited by james-will1; 17-07-18 at 16:38.

Default Re: New to Dartmouth

Hi James and welcome to the Dart. I would go along to the Dartmouth Yacht Club and introduce yourself. There may be crewing opportunities available. Plenty of opportunities to get involved.

Have you considered any volunteering opportunities which have a marine theme which might present an opening . I don't know Dartmouth that well but most charities are seeking volunteers with a variety of skills and units of time on their hands to fill which can be a good way into the community. Good luck on your researches.

Thanks for your reply I am hoping to join one of the yacht clubs here when I have saved enough to do so will just have to wait till then it seems

You shouldn't have to join a club to get onto their 'crew available' lists - members need crew and clubs need future members. Be honest and say that you're a complete beginner and a bit short of cash but would love to sail, at my club you'd soon find something.

Thanks for that I think I may go in and try that in next few days maybe just a bit shy to be honest untill I get to know sonebody realy

James,
    Funny old game. Id put some adds in a couple of the yards were people are working on boats offering some help. Noss or Baltic Wharf might be worth a try. Im sure someone from Dartmouth will see this post and might need a crew member.

Good Luck.

Steveeasy

Thanks will try that what a good idea that is