Default Cardiff Barrage Times

Went out on Tuesday for a sail around the Islands, very pleasant.

We could not get back in as planned because the barrage times have been reduced Tuesday to Friday due to low water. Outbound on the hour and inbound at quarter to the hour only.

Not a major issue, we anchored off and sorted the boat out but it would have been helpful if they had told us on exit or put up a notice or updated the harbour authority website.

I am normally a fan of the barrage guys but a bit disorganised this time.

Default Re: Cardiff Barrage Times

www.cardiffharbour.com NTM14 Barrage Locking Restrictions. Been in operation since June 26th. Notices in marinas and presumably Clubs. Bit of a pain though if you miss one by a couple of minutes, especially when the dredger was operating in the outer refuge.

It's now restrictions 7 days inc weekends

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy463 View Post
    www.cardiffharbour.com NTM14 Barrage Locking Restrictions. Been in operation since June 26th. Notices in marinas and presumably Clubs. Bit of a pain though if you miss one by a couple of minutes, especially when the dredger was operating in the outer refuge.
    As far as I can see the Cardiff Harbour website still says twice an hour under the Barrage Locking Procedures section. I could not see any other notice on there with the new times. Not a total disaster but a bit inconvenient when you have made plans assuming a arrival time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch01527 View Post
    As far as I can see the Cardiff Harbour website still says twice an hour under the Barrage Locking Procedures section. I could not see any other notice on there with the new times. Not a total disaster but a bit inconvenient when you have made plans assuming a arrival time.
    Swansea was also doing the same last week (Tawe Lock)... hourly in/out.
    YouTube: Gorjus Boating
    Boat: Sealine 195

https://cardiffharbour.com/local-notices-to-mariners/

Notice to Mariners has been up since 26 June

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffSailor View Post
    https://cardiffharbour.com/local-notices-to-mariners/

Notice to Mariners has been up since 26 June
    I can see that now, four levels down the website menu structure, if you know where to look. The main barrage instructions page still says every half hour.

I guess that it could be argued that a prudent sailor should check local notices every time they leave their berth but I must admit that I do not and I suspect that I am not alone.