Default Stour early tomorrow morning - stay clear

From Harwich Haven Authority

"28 -2018: Pipeline towage operation

Mariners are advised that between 04:30 hrs and 06:30 hrs on 20th July 2018 one of the four pipelines moored on the temporary mooring instillation in the river Stour (Reference Notice to Mariners No 17 of 2018) will be taken off the temporary mooring and towed to sea.

Mariners are reminded that the pipelines are approximately one kilometre in length. Traffic management restrictions will apply during the towage operation.
    All vessels must declare their intention to navigate between the temporary moorings and Landguard Point to Harwich VTS during 04:30 hrs and 06:30 hrs on the 20th of July 2018 via VHF 71 or telephone.
    The temporary trot moorings are positioned in the river Stour between the following approximate positions.

51 ̊ 56.96 N 0001 ̊ 12.00 E to 51 ̊ 56.93 N 0001 ̊ 12.93 E

The following vessels will be involved in the towage operation; Forth Sentinel, Forth Warrior Ashraf and the Celtic Guardian.
    It is anticipated that the towage operation will follow track highlighted in the pdf version of this notice to mariners.

The remaining pipelines will also be towed to sea over the next couple of weeks. Notification will be provided via Notice to Mariners."

You can refer back to the earlier NtM reference on my usual page on the Temporary list. Thought it best to break my Monday evening 'report' cos it will be over tomorrow! Not sure where the kilometer of pipe is going to sea! Note the reporting requirement of craft twix the moorings and Landguard Point. That includes us.
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Default Re: Stour early tomorrow morning - stay clear

Should be quite a sight, but I will be having my beauty sleep.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Yes but what happens next? All the NtM shows is a destination just NE of Bawdsey. I was 'told' that the pipes are windfarm cable ducts destined to be laid across the Deben just above the Ferry. Is that right? That would be 'fun', wouldn't it.
    Perhaps whichever windfarm company is involved will tell us what they are going to do?
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

Must be. The East Anglia One cables go ashore there but there is no NtM on the Wind Farm web site. The 'Commencement' NtM says that the first export cable operations starts in April 2018. No other detail.

So, they are presumably going to be moored again close to Bawdsey, with no warnings issued! This is not very responsible is it?
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

'Tis not, no. It is a bit odd to say it's being moved but not to where - unless they feel it is out of their area and have no information.

photodog is offline Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthorpe

Yeah, well I won’t be sad to see the back of them!