Default Dear YBW Interns...

... could you please email your bosses and ask them to turn down the constantly refreshing ads, stupid 'article continues below' ads and all the other poorly judged advertising which is making this site all but unusable on mobile?

Whilst I appreciate that advertising is necessary to survive, making it so dominant that it makes your stall utterly untenable is self-defeating.

Thank you.

Default Re: Dear YBW Interns...

Agreed.
    I don't bother to visit YBW on my mobile any longer. Too tedious. I accept adverts as a necessary evil to fund the site but when they dominate they do the product a disservice.
    PS Surely a Forum like this to YBW would be better viewed as a "loss leader" to generate interest/purchase of the magazines. Plus to generate new writers/articles for the magazines. Just a thought.
    Avatar: Fudge (Gracefull Star) 26th November 2006 to 20th August 2014. My best friend. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by CoVianna View Post
    Agreed.
    I don't bother to visit YBW on my mobile any longer. Too tedious. I accept adverts as a necessary evil to fund the site but when they dominate they do the product a disservice.
    PS Surely a Forum like this to YBW would be better viewed as a "loss leader" to generate interest/purchase of the magazines. Plus to generate new writers/articles for the magazines. Just a thought.
    On the full site, go to the bottom left in the forums. Click on the drop down that says YBW 2015 and select mobile styles. gives a much simpler site esp for mobile, but I also find it better for using on my computer as well.

Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
    On the full site, go to the bottom left in the forums. Click on the drop down that says YBW 2015 and select mobile styles. gives a much simpler site esp for mobile, but I also find it better for using on my computer as well.
    Interesting.... but I'm puzzled ( again! ) by the differences in the two offered Standard Styles. Anyone care to offer detail...?

This page alone has 15 trackers on it!!

This is the one I use -

https://www.ghostery.com/
    Work is for people who don't sail!
    Sail-Malta.com