Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Default Re: Advice needed Leros - faulty battery

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
    Thank you. Probably not the same place but we’re in Petrino Restaurant/Grill and it’s more than ok. Good food, large portions and Mythos 50cl bottles @ €3.
    That's the one. Have eaten there many times but not recently. Glad to hear it is still good.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

2 more of my batteries gave up the ghost on Saturday night/Sunday morning and instead of replacing them with very expensive inferior batteries I isolated them from the bank. So instead of the 4 x 100ah + 2 x 74ah I started with I now have just the 2 x 90ah I bought in Leros and the 2 x74ah. We arrived in Kos yesterday and so far so good. I’m hoping to struggle on until I get back to home port in around 10 days where I plan to replace the whole lot.
    I had an interesting encounter with a forumite on Sunday afternoon. He sought me out in the marina in Leros and questioned me forensically about my battery situation. I’ve admitted before I’m somewhat of a numpty when it comes to technical stuff and my visitor made no effort to hide his disgust when I wasn’t able to answer his questions. I think the last time I was questioned and admonished in that manner was about 50 years ago at school. He was just short of saying “idiots like you shouldn’t be allowed to own boats” but he did loudly brand me “a hopeless case”. Apparently He’s writing a book about boat electrics so I expect to get a mention.

2 more of my batteries gave up the ghost on Saturday night/Sunday morning and instead of replacing them with very expensive inferior batteries I isolated them from the bank. So instead of the 4 x 100ah + 2 x 74ah I started with I now have just the 2 x 90ah I bought in Leros and the 2 x74ah. We arrived in Kos yesterday and so far so good. I’m hoping to struggle on until I get back to home port in around 10 days where I plan to replace the whole lot.
    I had an interesting encounter with a forumite on Sunday afternoon. He sought me out in the marina in Leros and questioned me forensically about my battery situation. I’ve admitted before I’m somewhat of a numpty when it comes to technical stuff and my visitor made no effort to hide his disgust when I wasn’t able to answer his questions. I think the last time I was questioned and admonished in that manner was about 50 years ago at school. He was just short of saying “idiots like you shouldn’t be allowed to own boats” but he did loudly brand me “a hopeless case”. Apparently He’s writing a book about boat electrics so I expect to get a mention.
    We can't all know every thing about every subject, although some seen to know the answer to anything , alway the first to answer questions and god forbid you if you happen to answer before them,
    Whats funny is if you look hard enough you find almost the same wording some where on google .
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Definitely not losing any sleep over it. My wife and daughter who were sniggering in the cabin while I was getting my dressing down are taking great delight in calling me a hopeless case at every small opportunity.

That's interesting. I missed this thread until Irish Rover has just pointed it out to me. However, earlier this morning I wrote on the "Good Women" thread on SB:

The thing I find most odd about the YBW forums, all of them, is how deadly serious so many posters seem to be. I'm sure that many of us could list the names of the many forumites who seem perpetually unable to lighten their mood and crack a smile. For most of us, sailing and boat maintenance is only a hobby rather than neurosurgery.

It looks as if Irish Rover has found another one to add to the list.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    That's interesting. I missed this thread until Irish Rover has just pointed it out to me. However, earlier this morning I wrote on the "Good Women" thread on SB:

The thing I find most odd about the YBW forums, all of them, is how deadly serious so many posters seem to be. I'm sure that many of us could list the names of the many forumites who seem perpetually unable to lighten their mood and crack a smile. For most of us, sailing and boat maintenance is only a hobby rather than neurosurgery.

It looks as if Irish Rover has found another one to add to the list.

Richard
    I waiting until I left Leros before asking my battery question , some how I don think I would had taken it on the chin like IR before the hose pipe came out he ended up getting wet , help cool him down a bit .
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 05-08-18 at 10:53.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234