Default Cruisers International Vee Express 267 - any owners?

Hi All,

I've looking at a Vee Express 267 that's on for a good price, I've been doing a bit of research and there's not much around on it.
    I've seen from other threads that early boats had delamination problems, does anyone know what hull numbers it affected?

I've been looking for a hull identification number and cant find one does anyone know where it is (if there is one?)

Any info about running costs, what to look out for etc would be welcome!
    I was looking for reviews, but it doesn't look like you can order them anymore would anyone know where I could find one?

Any help would be appreciated!

Default Re: Cruisers International Vee Express 267 - any owners?

Hi Sean

AFAIK, the problem boats were UK built ones from nos 1 - 26.
    The stringers were inadequate and cracked, compromising the whole hull structures. Some were repaired by the UK manufacturer, some weren't. The makers went bust, partially as a result. Other affected boats were made good by extending the stringers or fitting extra ones.
    If I was looking, I'd proceed with extreme caution and at least have a survey to make sure the hull is good.
    Unfortunately, the dealers at the time, Prossers Marine, also went bust in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbarker View Post
    Unfortunately, the dealers at the time, Prossers Marine, also went bust in 2013.
    Although the people behind the company are still around, so may be able to help with info.

http://marinesalesscotland.com/
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Thanks for the replies, I had seen that the early hulls had problems, having had a quick look around the boat I couldn't find a builders plate or any reference to the hull number.
    I'll have another good look around it, but there's plenty of other sports cruisers around that might be a better buy!

Something else to be aware of regarding the 267 is that marina charges are normally based on LOA (Length Over All). With its huge beak and long bathing platform, the 267 is a 26ft boat that actually measures (and thus will be charged for) about 32ft if I remember rightly!
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Hi
    Nice enough boats and a few of them about with the Merc 5.7 in them.
    As mentioned, prosser was responsible for bringing most of them into the U.K. although the prosser marine trading name did disappear, the foundations and fundamental prosser marine (Stan prosser himself) still trades strongly and is alive and kicking more than ever...under the name marine sales Scotland.