Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Radio receiver on board for listening to UK radio abroad

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    You can do that with iplayer radio but I prefer not to delegate downloads to apps which seem to serve their own ends rather than mine.
    With podcast player you can have it all in one place, podcasts from all of the the web, not just the Beeb. I use https://gpodder.net/ which keeps the subscriptions in sync between android, raspberry pi & laptop.

Not sure what app downloads you're talking about... What apps are the culprits and what are they downloading?

I use the iplayer radio app as well on android, no need for a VPN. In Portugal anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInBed View Post
    As a R4 addict when sailing in N/S Brittany I use LW, but really get hacked off when it goes over to cricket.
    I too listen to R4 LW as far South as I can get it - ESPECIALLY the cricket.......

I also need a new LW receiver as my old Sony ICS SW 100 is literally falling apart and they donít make Ďem any more sadly.

Chris if you have an iPhone or iPad do load the bbc iPlayer Radio. It is an app for bbc radio services and not only does it stream live programmes by it also has a catch-up facility allowing you to listen to any missed programme from the previous week. You can even set it to download some automatically. In addition it has the wonderful BBC4extra where you can listen to classic comedies but also some fantastic dramas(Rogue Male is particularly good).

The other thing you can do is download podcasts, so on my iPhone I have about 500 episodes of Alistar Cook’s letter from America. I then play these through the cockpit speakers... bliss.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234