Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calais Marina

Default Re: Calais Marina

Quote Originally Posted by johnalison View Post
    Have you told them yet?
    I've had plenty of enquiries from friends who fancy becoming ex-pats but hate flying, could fit more on your boat tho

How was entry and exit did port control just ignore you or did you just follow ferry in and out

Quote Originally Posted by hunter323 View Post
    How was entry and exit did port control just ignore you or did you just follow ferry in and out
    There’s a traffic light system both in and out, far too many ferries coming and going to slide in behind one. Loiter on red close to the breakwater and hurry up on green. Your might be contacted on VHF by port control and told to ‘enter queekly’. Yes, he did say that.
    One foot in the grave? A documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter323 View Post
    No I called them as I approached the CA2 buoy to let them know I was intending to come in. They asked me to call when closer so I called them again as I got to the CA6 buoy and they let me in.

On the way out myself along with the few others who left at the same time were told to wait at the lights opposite port control due to ferry movements. Eventually we were given permission to leave. All rather civilised really.

I was in Calais two weeks ago and the moorings before the bridge were not a problem and large enough to be able to stretch down to thread a line through the mooring loop. Bridge opened at times exactly as advertised as the process is automated.

Note that the visitor pontoon layout in the marina has now changed. The along side berth on the starboard side as you enter are still there, but three new visiting pontoons are now available just beyond the along side berths.

My Navionics chart plotter and the marina website still shows the old arrangements.

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Its certainly improved from when we first visited when berthing on the southern wall (to port when you go in) and providing your own ladder to get up was the quite common as the finger pontoons beyond the visitors one didn't exist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12