Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Balearic Islands law effective from today.

We were in PollenÁa bay anchored behind lighthouse yesterday no sign of the enforcement officers this is a favourite spot for them usually.
    We are currently in Pollensa on the town quay and the enforcement rib has just gone out !
    Last edited by itspaul; 24-06-19 at 08:10.

Judging from the amount of dead Posidonia on the beaches in Ibiza after the winter and Easter storms it looks as though nature is doing far more damage than anchors.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    So after almost a year since the authorities introduced this law and have also policed it quite aggressively at least as reported in certain areas, has the volume of boats visiting decreased, and as a consequence have the local restaurants and bars seen lower custom and takings ?
    I dont think it is as simple as that.

Cala Ferrera just north of Cala Dor is now effectively closed to all but 1 or 2 small boats. It is the same all the way up the coast.

Anchoring is getting hard and it is only June.

Mallorca costs a lot. E31500 to moor a 18m boat. You donít pay that for having hassle ! Over time people will just move on

Some places have lots of bars that rely on the boats to a large extent. Portal vels for example near palma. I have not been there this season but per the maps it is a no anchoring zone. The bars will suffer big time.

I would not mind if I felt it was genuine but it isnít.

They donít care about holding tanks, about jet ski going fast round boats ( specially illegal on Mallorca). The enforcement person could enforce all sorts of legitimate things but they just focus on weed - and there is no shortage of the stuff

The weekend before last, I was in Cala Serena and asked (by the the same black rib) to reset my anchor along with another vessel. All very amicable, no mention of fines etc.

Yes completely agree the posidonia is just something else that will push us away .we are seriously looking at moving in September not sure where yet but Mallorca is certainly not the boat friendly place it was.
    We are out of Alcķdia. For a few days as the dust and noise from the “improvements “ make the place a noisy dustbowl we may we’ll make our way down to Cala d’Or next week but the situation with the calas doesn’t make it that appealing. And the state of the water in Cala d’Or picking up lazy lines is to be avoided if your hepatitis jabs aren’t up to date .......

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Weed police in Cala gran next to Cala Dor about 30 min ago. I see them every time

Black rib with Vigilante down the side. Very 007 !
    Are they making boats move away if they are on the weed or just asking them to be more careful next time?

Yikes. Is Cala Ferreira out of bounds now then? Thatís one of our favourite places - get there early and tuck in as close as possible.

There is some sand at the back so it the boat is short and you are there first then great. If not ....

Just a short report this morning from a yachtie - sent this from his iPhone

For information
    Now in PollenÁa. Whilst weed police active there appears still quite a few areas of sand in which to anchor albeit a way out from the dinghy dock in the corner The main stern to marina wall under Re construction and no boats now on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEJ View Post
    Are they making boats move away if they are on the weed or just asking them to be more careful next time?
    Not sure.

People have got true message and try to avoid weed. They gave one sail boat a brochure who was near me and I was sure was on sand. There were another two who I thought given their location were on weed but nothing said.

Someone on here did say the other day it depends on the type of weed - but I have not idea what weed is what

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 ... LastLast