Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Default Re: New Balearic Islands law effective from today.

And now the damn weed canít be removed from the best beach in Mallorca

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...nia-waste.html

Given es trenc compared to anywhere else has almost no weed and is mostly sand it can only get worse

Good luck to them enforcing all this. While, to an extent I am in support of their plight if executed in the right manner and targeted at the right offenders, they will simply never have the resources to cover all anchorages, especially somewhere like Es-Trenc.

In reality there are infinitely more leisure boats than crusty crusaders in patrol boats. It's my understanding that only Guardia Civil that can issue tickets too, so my guess is they'll keep focussing on captive spots like Vells during the weekends and August (fortunately we try to keep clear of these times as they're too overcrowded to be relaxing). Just try and keep to the sandy spots and hope they don't turn them all into buoyed areas.

I was there a couple of weeks ago.

I was quite odd because as you say ES Trenc is fairly weed free and yet at the Sa Rapita end of the beach there was an absolute wall of the stuff for a stretch of 200m making it impossible to swim, of course all the sunbeds here were empty. Now we learn they can't clear it without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmaTarga View Post
    Good luck to them enforcing all this. While, to an extent I am in support of their plight if executed in the right manner and targeted at the right offenders, they will simply never have the resources to cover all anchorages, especially somewhere like Es-Trenc.

In reality there are infinitely more leisure boats than crusty crusaders in patrol boats. It's my understanding that only Guardia Civil that can issue tickets too, so my guess is they'll keep focussing on captive spots like Vells during the weekends and August (fortunately we try to keep clear of these times as they're too overcrowded to be relaxing). Just try and keep to the sandy spots and hope they don't turn them all into buoyed areas.
    Wise advice!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819