Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Balearic Islands law effective from today.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    No. I have had a plan for 2 years that for personal reasons I could not act on

That is Sardinia, Corsica , Elba ending up on Pisa for the winter and then on south.

I like Mallorca and breaking my attachment is tricky but I suspect next June we will be on our way.

I either want stress free or adventure. Not no adventure and stress / agro and with the general tone being against tourists which has now switched to boaters I think it is now time to move on.
    That sounds a great plan.
    I'm sure will enjoy it.
    Distances etc are all the stuff you have done before so very do-able.
    Enjoy.

Someone sent me an article (Majorca daily bulletin) that 'over 2000 boats made to move from posidonia areas'. The image isn't that clear but a few things:

* between may and July a total of 22,141 interventions were made. Mainly free advice
    * agents operate 15 boats - 5 more than last summer.

I didn't notice this last year - so surprised to hear they had 10 boats last year. Also at some point I guess it will need to pay for itself if operating 15 boats. Sounds like they are not fining yet but am sure they will after this summer

Quote Originally Posted by TonyR123 View Post
    Someone sent me an article (Majorca daily bulletin) that 'over 2000 boats made to move from posidonia areas'. The image isn't that clear but a few things:

* between may and July a total of 22,141 interventions were made. Mainly free advice
    * agents operate 15 boats - 5 more than last summer.

I didn't notice this last year - so surprised to hear they had 10 boats last year. Also at some point I guess it will need to pay for itself if operating 15 boats. Sounds like they are not fining yet but am sure they will after this summer
    Agree, we haven't been spoken to or told to move last year or this year, but I did see other boats being talked to/moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    Agree, we haven't been spoken to or told to move last year or this year, but I did see other boats being talked to/moved on.
    Is that because you're only a tiddler (like me)?

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Is that because you're only a tiddler (like me)?
    I do hope that is the case, they almost literally have bigger fish to fry.

Still once they've driven all the bigger stuff away, no doubt they will come for the tiddlers

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    I do hope that is the case, they almost literally have bigger fish to fry.

Still once they've driven all the bigger stuff away, no doubt they will come for the tiddlers
    Blimmin typical. As soon as I think of moving to the Baldricks they make anchoring untenable! Looks like I might have to move to France and drink all of Porto's, JFM's, MikeF's and JtB's beer instead .

Have been out in Mallorca for most of the summer, not yet been ‘advised to move’, although have seen ‘the posedonia protect squad’ move a few in Portals Vells. Not seen them in Palma Nova or Santa Ponca yet. Usual none sense from politicians to bring in protection zones but without a current map, the official ‘posedonia map’ does not cover most of the bays around Mallorca, so it seems to me highly dubious that would get away legally with fining boats, which is why they seem to be simply advising boats to move for now.
    Although I understand how Jrudge feels, I have no doubt that when the financial impact hits home, we will find that the politicians quietly drop it..... for now they are pandering to the ‘fashion’ of fanatical environmental voters... ie. protestors at the airport arrivals with ‘tourists go home banners’..... Hopefully sense will prevail, otherwise I may be joining the Jrudge exodus..

Quote Originally Posted by pan View Post
    Have been out in Mallorca for most of the summer, not yet been ‘advised to move’, although have seen ‘the posedonia protect squad’ move a few in Portals Vells. Not seen them in Palma Nova or Santa Ponca yet. Usual none sense from politicians to bring in protection zones but without a current map, the official ‘posedonia map’ does not cover most of the bays around Mallorca, so it seems to me highly dubious that would get away legally with fining boats, which is why they seem to be simply advising boats to move for now.
    Although I understand how Jrudge feels, I have no doubt that when the financial impact hits home, we will find that the politicians quietly drop it..... for now they are pandering to the ‘fashion’ of fanatical environmental voters... ie. protestors at the airport arrivals with ‘tourists go home banners’..... Hopefully sense will prevail, otherwise I may be joining the Jrudge exodus..
    Portals Vells - they must be crackpot.
    This is where all the "Hooray Henrys" go for a day out from Palma and where most of the money is.
    I thought that bay would be left alone.
    So, with no short hop to an anchorage, the charter boats won't have their place to go.
    So, maybe you are right, legislation like this might just bite them in the bum.

I thought portal vells was going to have 20+ anchor buoys installed for next year?

Wife quite likes portal vells as alot goes on - ie boats who do not understand the basics of anchoring. Although she doesnt like it when they anchor near us!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyR123 View Post
    I thought portal vells was going to have 20+ anchor buoys installed for next year?

Wife quite likes portal vells as alot goes on - ie boats who do not understand the basics of anchoring. Although she doesnt like it when they anchor near us!
    You mean idiots like this in Portals Vells.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast