Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Balearic Islands law effective from today.

You know that's an April fool? Right?

I confess I did not. The joy of all good April fools is that they seem 100% plausible and given what the local govt have done over recent years this would not surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    I confess I did not. The joy of all good April fools is that they seem 100% plausible and given what the local govt have done over recent years this would not surprise me at all.
    Don't feel too bad.
    I got "fooled" by someone on our marina forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    I love a good April fool, this one was pretty good, the first few paragraphs of the article got me, then I got to the names.

Iím just back from a week in Mallorca on the boat. We anchored in Vells along with three or four other boats. So no sign of any outright prohibition. The people I spoke to said itís all very confused so I guess we will find out how the restrictions will be enforced come the high season....certainly no sign of any buoys being laid...

Thanks for the update, useful to know. Hope you had a good trip, let's see what high season brings!

Quick update I found on Boating in Mallorca facebook:

'Soren Christensen' The article is informative, however, there are some basic misunderstandings: Only about 3 weeks ago I went up to the local Consellaria de Medio Ambiente (NOT easy to localise, I might add, but they are up in the Poligono Son Rossinyol on the Soller road) to get it straight "from the horseīs mouth" As always in public offices, they were very friendly, if somewhat bemused of the visiting "guiri" A friendly chap sat me down and explained: Basically it is the same as last year, the red areas are no-go zones, the yellow ones (including Portals Vells) are OK to anchor, as long as one stays clear of the sea grass. This is for all boats, regardless of size. There will be tenders with a guide guiding you from 15 May (Menorca & Ibiza) and 1 June (Mallorca) The guides can not fine you, but they can call the Guardia Civil and the Environment agents, and they can fine you. Generally, the environment agents take turns, and are in the boats with the guides about once a week in each area. If there is only one person in the tender, its a guide, if there are two persons in the dinghy, expect one to be the agent.

I was in majorca over the weekend, and whilst the weather was generally poor (what is going on!) Monday was nice so we went out on the boat, didn't see any of the seaweed police, but I guess from the post above they won't start patrolling until next week.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like no one will have a definitive answer until someone's had to take one for the team, so to speak.

We'll be over early July, fingers crossed that Vells is accessible, although I'm sure we'll hear more as of next week.
    Last edited by PalmaTarga; 28-05-19 at 20:56. Reason: typo

Sant Carles yachties went over last weekend.
    In Santa Ponsa at the moment.
    They will be anchoring in the usual places so I will get some feedback over the next few weeks.
    Only comment so far is that the water is very cold!!!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast