Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Balearic Islands law effective from today.

i was more thinking of a 70ft flybridge last year who was in 4m of water with probably less than 5m of chain below the water line. They wondered why they kept dragging. Or this one

IMG_1758.jpeg

The smaller white flybridge ran over the sailing boats anchor (left their anchor down while moving oblivious to any issues) in front of the larger flybridge and both ended up swinging round the large boat towards the back.

I hope your anchor is in the sand.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    You mean idiots like this in Portals Vells.

That skipper must have a berth sharing arrangement with the rather large ferry that berths there. The ferry’s stern anchor and chain is always in the grass!

Quote Originally Posted by Asm View Post
    That skipper must have a berth sharing arrangement with the rather large ferry that berths there. The ferry’s stern anchor and chain is always in the grass!
    Nahh, Hurricane just drops hook and ties back where ever he wants, it's how he rolls. #badassery

Es trenc. Patrol just gone past. There is almost no weed here !

There is however a 40 ish foot sail boat towing a tender, a jet ski , a 3 person banana ride and 2 large inflatable beaches which for me a a record ! Not sure what they do when hey get to port !
    Last edited by jrudge; 11-08-18 at 12:55.

Today in Portals Vells, weed patrol active, full armada, canoes, divers and straw hats (I think self appointed activists)
    Passed first inspection, but they came back after an hour and said our chain was now over some weed! Said if we didn’t move we would be ‘denounced’. We were in a 7.6 mtr boat, so no concession on size!

I guess they are targeting the hot spots, IE portal vells on a weekend.

It must be starting to work as a lot of boats I have watched dropping anchor have been very obviously looking for sand and avoiding the weed, despite the fact I haven't seen a single patrol at all in the week I have been here.

Well that knocks out half the palma chater traffic. Not seen any patrols on this side of the island. Clearly they have now started. Home tomorrow !

I understand they have 'denounced' a 25mt motor yacht in Puerto Colom recently, will be interesting to see what transpires, I haven't heard of any boats being fined yet... but others aquatom? may know. If boats are fined, 200-100,000 euro, I suspect there will be quite an exodus from Mallorca! It's so tight in Portals Vells for anchoring it will be almost impossible to avoid chain dragging in weed, even when anchored in sand, when the boat swings.

Anchored in sand in Salinas Ibiza yesterday and very politely asked by the posidonia patrol guy just to raise the chain by a couple of metres as it was touching the posidonia when the boat moved. Perfect example of how to do it- no hassle and everyone happy.
    All the boats in the same area were making a conscious effort to anchor in sand.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast