Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Best pipe for external plumbing?

Plus as it may have plastic below ground a separate earth supply is required i believe.
    i was pulled up years ago by electric supply co because outside tap fitted to plastic pipe was not earthed. No idea if regs not changed though. Perhaps some one electrically charged can comment
    Last edited by Daydream believer; 16-08-18 at 08:25.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

In WA we had a shocking accident where a teenager tried to turn off a tap and was electrocuted and as a result suffered severe brain damage so what you are saying should be taken seriously. I'm no electrician but this article seems to back up what you are saying.

https://www.ecdonline.com.au/content...tices-49127735

Clive

I've used copper above ground for outside taps, supplied by blue plastic underground pipe. I've insulated the copper with ordinary foam pipe insulation inside a larger diameter plastic pipe. If you're very worried about freezing, you can add low wattage trace heating connected to a frost-stat - I did this when I put automatic drinkers into the stables, and it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishscorp View Post

Do remember that any outside tap should have a double check valve fitted in it to comply with water regs
    If you do not isolate this type of tap and it freezes the valve jams solid and the tap does not work afterwards. Guess how I found out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12