Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ST 6000 autopilot

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    Vic - other adjustments that you might try
    RES button: Adjust response - I use 1 in flat calm weather but this allows the boat to wander each side of the coure - so I put it up top 2 and reduce rudder (nex on the adjustment list , to 3.

In heaviy swells down wind I will set RES to 3 (full) and Rudder to 5.

Because mine is pre giro stableizer models (2004) it really does not handle down wind wel in a swell as it starts correcting way after a good helmsnan would have don - result - lost of work on the unit and a course like a skake trial which will add 30% of distandce through the water - you lovely apparent 8 knots through the water is actually only 6 over distance!

Another funny with it, is inthundery weather - its keeps rebooting or alterning course by 10 degrees! Never does it in fine - even windy weather.

Winter work - is to re do ALL connection as they have not been touched since 2008. -must get some more of that terminal grease.
    Hi Chris
    Thanks mate , we usually have it on 2 ,but it was one of them , try anything and see what happens day .
    Funny tho some hours later it worked ok on Respond 1 .
    We stuck on Samos trying to head back NW , no need to tell you what way the wind is come from this time of year .
    To morrow look a bit lighter and the seas lower , so we give it a go tomorrow , I hoping I sorted the problem out .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

UK and NW Caribbean, Belize Mexico & Guatemala

R the comments on Gyros

I have a Raymarine S2 (without Gyro) which wandered around down wind and also when we were rolling a lot. I did not want to pay $500 for a used Raymarine gyro so I tried one of these

http://www.seymonautica.com/gb/ray-g...lot-v-204.html

Works a treat, used it in very heavy weather for over 300 miles offshore and also it unlocked Autolearn features when you re-calibrated

Quote Originally Posted by john_q View Post
    R the comments on Gyros

I have a Raymarine S2 (without Gyro) which wandered around down wind and also when we were rolling a lot. I did not want to pay $500 for a used Raymarine gyro so I tried one of these

http://www.seymonautica.com/gb/ray-g...lot-v-204.html

Works a treat, used it in very heavy weather for over 300 miles offshore and also it unlocked Autolearn features when you re-calibrated
    That's interesting , my as a fluxgate compass , I wound if I can convert mine ?

Just reporting back , a day of sailing in quite big seas and the autopilot seems to be fine now , y one else with the same problem , it's worth checking the pin on the stearing gear for play .

That's 2 messages I've deleted in error when correcting a spelling mistake! I cannot see what I am doing wrong on my mobile!
    I have the technology to see what you were going to post:

Vic. The button marked results controls re quickness of the response and pressing again give you rudder. How much you need to put on to correct.
    Response. I flat calm motoring I use 1 and round I use 3
    Rudder. Light 3. Heavy 5.

Glad you found some obvious physical faults.

Mine is aged around 1004 and works well. It is pretty the gironde stabilise head so it struggles on a broad reach in a big swell reacting far too late.

I also fingers in thundery weather it does really strange things. 10degree course changes accompanied by peep. Occasionally it reboots itself and carries on. In fine weather this Never happens.

Service list for the winter is to clean all terminals.........
    Hope that helps. John
    Semper aliud

John. Thanks for that. You can see why I wanted to edit it! I think I will avoid editing anything in future on this bloody predictive texts. I am a tad dislexit so I don't see the words being changed.

I did repost but it would've been useful to see what I had posted.

John. Thanks for that. You can see why I wanted to edit it! I think I will avoid editing anything in future on this bloody predictive texts. I am a tad dislexit so I don't see the words being changed.

I did repost but it would've been useful to see what I had posted.
    If you press the 'Go Advanced' button, you get a chance to see what the old one was each time you edit and you can't lose anything (he said hopefully!)
    Semper aliud

I've given up posting anything on here when using a smartphone. Any edit gets zapped and the post is automatically "deleted".
    Cynical Scots engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I've given up posting anything on here when using a smartphone. Any edit gets zapped and the post is automatically "deleted".
    I spend a lot of my Forum time accessing (and posting) using my iPhone. I’ve never had the problem you describe. Is it an android thing?
    Semper aliud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12