Default Lelystad (IJsselmeer side) marinas

In 15 years of sailing in Holland I've never been to Lelystad - I've always gone Hoorn>Enkhuizen>IJsselmeer.

With the weed problem this year I'm going into the IJsselmeer via Lelystad.

Any recommendations for a marina after the lock?

Looks like there are 3 to choose from - Deko, WV Lelystad and Flevo.

I'm 13m + a bit

Again TIA.
    Last edited by Tradewinds; 21-08-18 at 19:09.

Default Re: Lelystad (IJsselmeer side) marinas

I know this goes against other reports, but the only places we saw weed growing up to the surface in clumps were going from the SE part of the Markenmeer up to Volendam. Others reported problems in the south, so perhaps it is worst there? The depth was over 10 feet, and it was up to the surface! Only saw it early on in the passage. However, since we sailed virtually the whole time it was never a problem. Didn't go to Edam, but did go to Hoorn and Enkhuizen.

We had lots of weed last year A'dam>Hoorn then on the return from the IJsselmeer on the run in from Enkhuisen>Marken>A'dam. It's a good excuse to try the other side .

PS: On the return to A'dam we were sailing for a good while but lost some speed as the weed took hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pye_End View Post
    I know this goes against other reports, but the only places we saw weed growing up to the surface in clumps were going from the SE part of the Markenmeer up to Volendam. Others reported problems in the south, so perhaps it is worst there? The depth was over 10 feet, and it was up to the surface! Only saw it early on in the passage. However, since we sailed virtually the whole time it was never a problem. Didn't go to Edam, but did go to Hoorn and Enkhuizen.

We had a lot of weed A'dam-Edam last year and it seems that sticking to the barge channels is best. At Lelystad I think that we stayed at the marina immediately N of the locks, which was fine. There was a clubhouse with a good restaurant within easy walk to the locks/Batavia etc. It's not the most exciting place in Holland but OK.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

We stopped in Deko for a couple of days, not got the charm of the older towns. You need a bike to get to shops. No weed around that we spotted. Letters on couple of the rows were a bit confusing, harbourmaster very friendly
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Thanks again.

In Muiderzand marina at the mo. Seems a good set-up. May use their facilities for lift out and mast removal next Spring.
    Just for info - it's roughly €550 for lift out (travel-lift), powerwash, use of cradle, 2 weeks ashore and lift back in. Mast out is roughly €50 (inc labour) regardless of boat length.

Any reports about Flevo marina at Lelystad?

Cheers

We stopped at Batavia haven a few weeks ago. It was OK if a bit bland. Handy for the Batavia museum and not too far for a supermarket.
    We never found the town centre, does Lelystad have a centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tribe View Post
    We stopped at Batavia haven a few weeks ago. It was OK if a bit bland. Handy for the Batavia museum and not too far for a supermarket.
    We never found the town centre, does Lelystad have a centre?
    I had a cycle around and found the shopping centre at the Batavia and a couple of supermarkets but no town centre that was recognisable as such. Reminded me a bit of an upmarket Milton Keynes. There is a beach about half a mile to the north which might be good for children but its a long straight boring path to get there.
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Thanks all.

In Deko Marina now. Was a bit breezy yesterday with thunder and lightning and lots of wind early evening.

As Jimi said - a very pleasant harbourmaster - couldn't be more helpful.

Off to find the nearest supermarket today - which, according to Google, is quite a distance away.

Prefer the Hoorn/Enkhuisen side visually - the land looked a little bleak coming up from Muiderzand.