Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cantalupi Dallas Light Fittings (as fitted to many Fairlines over the years)

At some point I will change my existing halogen bulbs over to LED's and suspect I'll break a few of the fittings in the process. Having one or two spares would be useful anyway.

So does anyone have any spares that they'd be willing to part with?

Default Re: Cantalupi Dallas Light Fittings (as fitted to many Fairlines over the years)

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    At some point I will change my existing halogen bulbs over to LED's and suspect I'll break a few of the fittings in the process. Having one or two spares would be useful anyway.

Probably easier to make up some alternative spring fittings

Default Re: Cantalupi Dallas Light Fittings (as fitted to many Fairlines over the years)

I bought some fittings the same size from coastal rides which went in the master and then freed up a supply that i could use to fix the broken ones.

I dont think you can make up new springs.

The springs slot into some very very soft metal lugs that break. I would guess that they break after 3-4 removals - which is not a lot of lightbulb changes. There is no obvious was of replacing these lugs.

Poor design.

Alterative is silicone - but then you cant get them out again!

Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    Probably easier to make up some alternative spring fittings
    I'd definitely want to use the existing bezels as they seem to be of good quality and corrosion resistant (unlike the crap they fitted on my Targa 30). I could of course cannibalise gold fittings if anyone had some of them in their shed.

I'll PM you.

I bought some original Cantalupi Madrid fittings last year (in the heads on T34) from www.improducts.co.uk at a reasonable price, worth checking with them?

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post

I'm in contact with a potential UK importer of Cantahowever you spell it, and they are on the point of opening an account with them. I'll ask if I can pass their MD's details to you (he's in Italy at the moment) so you (and I) can encourage. Is that OK? Can you let me know, please?

They also have all the bulbs as well, so it was a good find when I found them last week.
    These are the voyages of Play d'eau....www.playdeau.com

Attachment 72811

The “ Roger “ looks almost the same as the Dallas ,it flat no 3 mm inner bevel .
    I got mine from America €30 or €60 each , can,t remember who - sorry .

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Attachment 72811

The “ Roger “ looks almost the same as the Dallas ,it flat no 3 mm inner bevel .
    I got mine from America €30 or €60 each , can,t remember who - sorry .
    I have 4 spare Cantalupi Roger lights (warm white, 3000K) which I was about to put in the for sale section, give me a shout if you want them.

Andrew
    Affordable Skippered Charter Boats: www.horizoncharterboats.co.uk

I too have purchased replacements through ImpProducts. Agree poor design as the internal btass or whatever becomes brittle and the lugs hding the springs bteak off. Bit expensive so option 1 - saw into the side of the hole so as to create new lugs... just a few mm... to hold the springs; option 2 - fix a metal strip inside to hold the brass tube together and replace the lugs for holding the springs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast