Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cantalupi Dallas Light Fittings (as fitted to many Fairlines over the years)

Thanks all for your kind offers. Scubaman has kindly offered me some of his spares if I need them, which is really good to know and might give me the confidence to tackle the LED bulb replacements.

Incidentally, I contacted Bates / Fairline who to my surprise say they can still get Dallas fittings*. Cost is £41 + VAT and delivery which is pretty much what I expected. Looks like they re LED's rather than halogen.

Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    I'm in contact with a potential UK importer of Cantahowever you spell it, and they are on the point of opening an account with them. I'll ask if I can pass their MD's details to you (he's in Italy at the moment) so you (and I) can encourage. Is that OK? Can you let me know, please?

They also have all the bulbs as well, so it was a good find when I found them last week.
    Piers, I'm happy to talk to anyone however it would appear that FL are still able to source the originals. Whether these are from a UK supplier or abroad I don't know. Incidentally, I would want to replace the old halogen bulbs with LED's so I don't need to source the original halogen bulbs (which generate too much heat and use too much power for a small Med boat like mine).

* FL say they are Dallas but I'd want to double check the exact shape of the bezel compared to my originals and/or replace them a cabin at a time.

Default Re: Cantalupi Dallas Light Fittings (as fitted to many Fairlines over the years)

Pete, I contacted Bates a couple of weeks ago about these fittings and got the following reply “sorry Fairline don’t have the details of that light”.

Quote Originally Posted by Groova View Post
    Pete, I contacted Bates a couple of weeks ago about these fittings and got the following reply “sorry Fairline don’t have the details of that light”.
    That's odd. The current situation as I know it....

Nobody (Bates / IMO / Fairline) has stock of Dallas fittings. However, my contact at Fairline thinks he may have found some and will confirm in the next few weeks. I'll let you guys know if this turns out to be the case.

IMP products have lots of Madrids (the small fittings used in bathrooms, etc) and sell them for £10 each.

IMP products have LED fittings that look virtually identical to Dallas ones.

So my recommendation would be to change all the fittings in say one cabin for the IMP (improducts.co.uk) ones then use the spare Dallas ones that are freed up elsewhere.

Did Fairline ever confirm the Dallas fittings were available?

I've swapped most of my boat over to led bulbs but 3 fittings broke in the cockpit while removing, luckily they are a tight fit and one spring is holding them at the moment.

Richard

There were some on eBay the other day

Still there

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264383848511

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    There were some on eBay the other day

Still there

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264383848511
    Thanks, appreciate the heads-up and link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12