Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sealine SC47 / Zeus

Resealing portholes is not megabucks.
    Same for the leaky trim tab.
    These things are annoying, but easily detected and fixed.

I can confirm that the boat is now mostly waterproof

The major upside is that the boat is really quite good at squashing waves and dealing with the Solent Chop - a couple of times Mini-FP has looked up from her iPhone coming over the bar on the ebb into Chichester Harbour and her eyes went out on stalks at the size of the waves ("mahoosive") but she didn't realise how choppy it was until looking.

Last edited by FlowerPower; 25-08-18 at 00:36.

Thanks, are you in one of the Chichester marinas then?
    Graham. Bavaria 42 Vision, "Scala"

Sparkes, on Hayling.

The Zeus drives are ZF made, sold in agreement first to Mercury/Mercruiser (Brunswick) and then independently offered to other builders as Yanmar, Cats etc.

I think a ZF agent should be able to get most of the parts of the drive now that the Brunswick agreement has expired. I prefer them to IPS though they are a rare occurence.
    I know a couple of owners who had them on a Bluegame 40 and another on a Viking 42 and both have been trouble free for quite some time.

Ah that's interesting, for some reason I thought the ZF was a different product.

I've only ever seen the Zeus on this model of Sealine (not that I've looked hard elsewhere). Presumably that's as much down to the Brunswick connection as anything else... There's quite a lot of positive reports and reviews of the Zeus, especially of its joystick control abilities in the close quarters / docking. Looks impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    that's my old boat, had it from new until 15 months ago - so I know it well if you need any info,
    They are all my photo's too !! and interesting price !!!

Hi NGM, be interested in your thoughts on the Sealine build quality compared with the other usual suspects. My budget won't run to that particular one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scala View Post
    Hi NGM, be interested in your thoughts on the Sealine build quality compared with the other usual suspects. My budget won't run to that particular one though.
    Generally I thought the build quality was excellent. The hull felt very solid, all the components parts were by quality suppliers (tecma, HB technics, onan, etc ). The interiors are functional rather than luxurious. On this particular layout the cockpit seating was very clever giving various layout options and overall the boat was v spacious for primarily because it was v beamy. However the compromise was a flattish hull that tended to slam in a heavy sea. Additionally, engines, fuel tanks, genie all sat way back so by the time you added a heavy tender it sat very stern heavy. Overall we loved it, covered a lot of miles and in four seasons only had to replace a fridge, all else ran like clock work.

Ah, that's interesting, thank you. Good to get an owner's viewpoint. The spacious layout is part of the attraction, I've found that moving from a modern 42' cruising yacht to a 42' mobo the accommodation suffers a lot. Self evident if you look at the layouts of course but it's been an interesting learning curve. Flybridges have a lot more of course but Mrs Scala not at all keen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123