Thread: Yacht transport

Default Yacht transport

Anyone have any recommendations for trucking a 32' classic from Solent area to Dartmouth. Have just seen 2 ridiculous quotes!

Default Re: Yacht transport

Depends on what you call ridiculous. It will cost far more than you hope! You just have to get quotes as prices vary according to urgency (cheaper if you can fit in with a back load) time of year and how keen the haulier is. Ask at the yard each end who they would recommend.

However, doubt you will get much change out of 1500 including cranage and mast handling and 2k is not out of the question.

Thanks, I was hoping it would go on a back load to reduce cost! Do you have a recommendation though?

I have only used Boat Shift to come back from Spain. Based in Kent so probably not likely to do your sort of run.

Just google Boat Transport Hauliers and get on the phone. Also post on Shipley which is a transport enquiry website.

If I remember rightly you have a Nic 32? If so you will need a proper boat transporter not a flat bed with a HIAB - but there are plenty around.

My earlier suggestion of asking the yards will get you good advice on who is good at handling boats and may get you leads for a back load.

Already did the google thing just wanted to hear if anyone had a preference. Thanks for the Shipley info. I dont have a Nic 32 and its for a friend not me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tranona View Post
    I have only used Boat Shift to come back from Spain. Based in Kent so probably not likely to do your sort of run.

Just google Boat Transport Hauliers and get on the phone. Also post on Shipley which is a transport enquiry website.

If I remember rightly you have a Nic 32? If so you will need a proper boat transporter not a flat bed with a HIAB - but there are plenty around.

My earlier suggestion of asking the yards will get you good advice on who is good at handling boats and may get you leads for a back load.

Had two quotes at 800 through Shipley so not too bad i the end. Passed on to my mate....