Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Default Proposal for PWC (aka jetski) pontoon parking at Brightlingsea

An application has been submitted for a PWC pontoon at Brightlingsea. You may view the application here:

https://marinelicensing.marinemanage.../search?area=3

Scroll down to case MLA/2018/00294.

[Ducks and runs for cover]

Default Re: Proposal for PWC (aka jetski) pontoon parking at Brightlingsea

Well, if they don't misbehave, obey the harbour rules and speed limits and are courteous towards other uses of this fine sailing ground then I don't see a problem. It's a rare occurrence to see one being driven inappropriately!

(Ducks and runs for cover too....!)

Quote Originally Posted by xyachtdave View Post
    Well, if they don't misbehave, obey the harbour rules and speed limits and are courteous towards other uses of this fine sailing ground then I don't see a problem. It's a rare occurrence to see one being driven inappropriately!

And I'm a chinaman.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by xyachtdave View Post

You say fine sailing ground. Or you could say fine piece of water that everyone should be able to use
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    You say fine sailing ground. Or you could say fine piece of water that everyone should be able to use
    Or you could say fine piece of water that everyone should be able to use without detriment to others. I should point out that in general I'm not in favour of over-regulation of public places or banning individual groups of users from such places. If jetskis were no more noisy than other water craft I would have little issue with them, but the din they make just makes everyone's life miserable - a case of the few spoiling things for the many.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBz View Post
    Or you could say fine piece of water that everyone should be able to use without detriment to others. I should point out that in general I'm not in favour of over-regulation of public places or banning individual groups of users from such places. If jetskis were no more noisy than other water craft I would have little issue with them, but the din they make just makes everyone's life miserable - a case of the few spoiling things for the many.
    You use the sweeping statement 'makes everyones life miserable' Well if I am part of everyone then you are correct as I quite like the sound of them

Silence in the sound of death

Noise is the sound of life

You say fine sailing ground. Or you could say fine piece of water that everyone should be able to use.....
    ......without being terrorised by those who enjoy being as obnoxious as possible to everyone else on their jet ski.

You use the sweeping statement 'makes everyones life miserable' Well if I am part of everyone then you are correct as I quite like the sound of them

Silence in the sound of death

Noise is the sound of life
    I don’t like them. The Blackwater is much nicer midweek when they aren’t making a racket. We have too much noise in our everyday lives, it is great to get away from it and just hear the sounds of nature.
    He said, "All men will be sailors then until the sea shall free them."

I think I can say that you truly are exceptional You can of course choose to wear headphones and play the sound of jet skis very loudly to yourself at any time.

If I rephrase 'everyones' to 'the great majority of people' the point still stands. We are all free to do what we like but even if it adversely affects others to a great degree? I would say not, YMMV.
    Last edited by MikeBz; 30-08-18 at 20:50. Reason: Smiley added

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Lin View Post
    I don’t like them. The Blackwater is much nicer midweek when they aren’t making a racket. We have too much noise in our everyday lives, it is great to get away from it and just hear the sounds of nature.
    Explain to me why human beings are not part of nature. If so what they do is also part of the natural world

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast