Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Proposal for PWC (aka jetski) pontoon parking at Brightlingsea

On the question of wash. -- I would suggest that some small dinghies are just as bad as large MOBOS. This year I have had a fortnight in Ostend, as I do every year,. Every time Simon ( Robert was as bad) charges across the harbour in his damned inflatable tender (which is about 8 ft long!!!) to assist some yacht, it sets every yacht rolling violently. More than once I have been caught unawares & spilt my wine or stumbled in the cabin when I have failed to hear him coming.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    On the question of wash. -- I would suggest that some small dinghies are just as bad as large MOBOS. This year I have had a fortnight in Ostend, as I do every year,. Every time Simon ( Robert was as bad) charges across the harbour in his damned inflatable tender (which is about 8 ft long!!!) to assist some yacht, it sets every yacht rolling violently. More than once I have been caught unawares & spilt my wine or stumbled in the cabin
    when I have failed to hear him coming.
    Spilt your wine. My goodness that is a disaster you should be more considerate to others and not drink wine on a craft that could move if others happen to go past it.

Also drinking wine is bad for society it leads to drunken behaviour which upsets others, and of course the burden on the NHS from Alcohol related illness means that other innocent peoples lives are affected and they have to pay higher taxes just because you feel you have a right to drink despite the burden it places on others.

Perhaps a little thought before you post would be a good idea
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post

Perhaps a little thought before you post would be a good idea
    Sadly the forum won't allow me to post a zillion smilies
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Spilt your wine. My goodness that is a disaster you should be more considerate to others and not drink wine on a craft that could move if others happen to go past it. Perhaps a little thought before you post would be a good idea
    It was meant to be educational: for those who have not been to a Belgium port yet. One has to drink the wine as their beer is not up to the standard expected by a British pub dweller; unless consumed in copious quantity. Then who really cares what it tastes like--- until it comes up again........................But then , being a MOBO man...............you would probably know all about that!!!!!!
    Last edited by Daydream believer; 20-09-18 at 06:24.

It was meant to be educational: for those who have not been to a Belgium port yet. One has to drink the wine as their beer is not up to the standard expected by a British pub dweller; unless consumed in copious quantity.
    Are you sure you were in Belgium? I can't recall anyone anywhere before contend that their wine was decent or their beer poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    Are you sure you were in Belgium? I can't recall anyone anywhere before contend that their wine was decent or their beer poor.
    I've never tried Belgian wine, though I have had a wine from Luxemberg, which was repulsive. Belgian draught beer is mostly europiss, indistinguishable from the stuff drunk by juveniles in our pubs, but you might be lucky enough to find real Belgian beers on draught, such as the Trappists, sour beers such as Rodenbach, and oddities such as my favourite Kasteel.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

I have often been in Ostend during the annual 3 day beer tasting festival. It is held in the park nearest the tram station at the top of the high street. They have beers with just about every fruit additive & other additive you could think of. I have never tasted such a load of disgusting XXXXXXX in all my life.
    At least when they do a beer tasting event in the SE of England one can find something that is palatable-- Proper Job ain't bad!!!

I have often been in Ostend during the annual 3 day beer tasting festival. It is held in the park nearest the tram station at the top of the high street. They have beers with just about every fruit additive & other additive you could think of. I have never tasted such a load of disgusting XXXXXXX in all my life.
    At least when they do a beer tasting event in the SE of England one can find something that is palatable-- Proper Job ain't bad!!!
    Infidel! Just as a curry isn't the same as Lancaster hotpot, Belgian beer isn't the same as ours, but it has individuality. I'm not a fan of the fruit beers, but the best are very good. Most of them, Bellevue etc, are cheap commercial imitations of the real thing, where the mash is fermented with the fruit and exposed to wild yeast. The very best brews, such as Liefmann's are fantasticly rich. If you want a knockout beer, try Liefmann's Provision Beer. My preferred style is gueuze, and again it is the quality brews that you need. And who doesn't like a decent Trappist double, or a triple after a good Belgian nosh-up?
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by johnalison View Post
    Infidel! Just as a curry isn't the same as Lancaster hotpot, Belgian beer isn't the same as ours, but it has individuality. I'm not a fan of the fruit beers, but the best are very good. Most of them, Bellevue etc, are cheap commercial imitations of the real thing, where the mash is fermented with the fruit and exposed to wild yeast. The very best brews, such as Liefmann's are fantasticly rich. If you want a knockout beer, try Liefmann's Provision Beer. My preferred style is gueuze, and again it is the quality brews that you need. And who doesn't like a decent Trappist double, or a triple after a good Belgian nosh-up?
    have no experience of drinking in Belgium, but when drinking with colleagues in the Netherlands, A Norwegian colleague and I graded the beers on whether they "approached beer like qualities". I think that out of several tried, we only found one that we thought approximated beer!
    I

One assumes the the "english" beer being so stoutly defended is the stuff that looks and tastes like the brewer finished washing up the remains of last Sundays roast in it ..........before pouring it into a barrel and slapping some daft badly spelt name on the label ?
    Last edited by oldgit; 02-10-18 at 13:43.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast