Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Proposal for PWC (aka jetski) pontoon parking at Brightlingsea

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBz View Post
    I think I can say that you truly are exceptional You can of course choose to wear headphones and play the sound of jet skis very loudly to yourself at any time.

If I rephrase 'everyones' to 'the great majority of people' the point still stands. We are all free to do what we like but even if it adversely affects others to a great degree? I would say not, YMMV.
    How do you know that even the great majority of people don't like it. I assume there are several people on jet skis and I would think they like it. You simply assume others will hold the same view as yourself.
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBz View Post
    Or you could say fine piece of water that everyone should be able to use without detriment to others. I should point out that in general I'm not in favour of over-regulation of public places or banning individual groups of users from such places. If jetskis were no more noisy than other water craft I would have little issue with them, but the din they make just makes everyone's life miserable - a case of the few spoiling things for the many.
    Does going from side to side at low speed getting in peoples way (I think you call it tacking) count as being detrimental to others. Always 2 sides to an argument. I like to point them out

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Explain to me why human beings are not part of nature. If so what they do is also part of the natural world
    No, if you donít get it there is no point in me explaining.
    He said, "All men will be sailors then until the sea shall free them."

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Lin View Post
    No, if you don’t get it there is no point in me explaining.
    Don't try arguing with Bigplumbs. He is a troll against yotties. See the thread on Mobo about the Crouch on Tuesday - the same phrases recurring.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by MoodySabre View Post
    Don't try arguing with Bigplumbs. He is a troll against yotties. See the thread on Mobo about the Crouch on Tuesday - the same phrases recurring.
    Well if you say so it must be correct.

or

Perhaps it is because so many Yotties have bad attitudes to other water users

Jetskis and speed boats aren't the problem; many of the people who use them are. When they're used with consideration (which does happen) I have no issue with them, but those users are in the minority.

Generalisations are just that, but they are based on the truth and applicable in many cases. It's a generalisation that yotties wear washed-out pink trousers, leave fenders out too long and exaggerate the height of waves. Equally, it's a generalisation that jetski users are ill-mannered, oblivious to other river users and a menace to swimmers.
    "I thought my daffodils were yellow until I met Joe Kennedy."

Quote Originally Posted by MoodySabre View Post
    By saying “No,” I thought that I wasn’t!
    Anyway, I thought that this was the East Coast Forum!
    He said, "All men will be sailors then until the sea shall free them."

The noise issue can be likened to being on land. Places are getting busier with people going about their business, whether thats for work or fun. If I want peace and quiet, I wont find it in the town centre. I have to go out in the country, and even then it wont be total. On the water you wont find peace and quiet in and around harbours, estuaries, or anywhere where boaters of all persuasions can easily gather. Go 10 miles offshore and I pretty much guarantee you wont be disturbed by a PWC. Go 100 miles offshore and I doubt the MOBOs will bother you either. Everyone thinks that they have rights to things that they actually don't. I could claim a right to be able to enjoy using my MOBO in a straight line without the hassle of having to weave around yotties, but that would be ridiculous. We have to live with each other, whether that is cyclists and car drivers, MOBOs and yotties or PWCs and all other water users. We all have the right to use the water and, as much as yotties, PWCs and even other MOBOs wind me up at times, I have to accept that they are part and parcel of being on the water. If you demand peace and quiet, I'm afraid its up to you to go and find it, and not expect others to stop living their lives so that you can have it. It is also unreasonable to expect everyone else to conduct themselves to your standards, so you have to expect some to act in ways that you find unacceptable. You won't change that, so you have to learn to live with it.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    The noise issue can be likened to being on land. Places are getting busier with people going about their business, whether thats for work or fun. If I want peace and quiet, I wont find it in the town centre. I have to go out in the country, and even then it wont be total. On the water you wont find peace and quiet in and around harbours, estuaries, or anywhere where boaters of all persuasions can easily gather. Go 10 miles offshore and I pretty much guarantee you wont be disturbed by a PWC. Go 100 miles offshore and I doubt the MOBOs will bother you either. Everyone thinks that they have rights to things that they actually don't. I could claim a right to be able to enjoy using my MOBO in a straight line without the hassle of having to weave around yotties, but that would be ridiculous. We have to live with each other, whether that is cyclists and car drivers, MOBOs and yotties or PWCs and all other water users. We all have the right to use the water and, as much as yotties, PWCs and even other MOBOs wind me up at times, I have to accept that they are part and parcel of being on the water. If you demand peace and quiet, I'm afraid its up to you to go and find it, and not expect others to stop living their lives so that you can have it. It is also unreasonable to expect everyone else to conduct themselves to your standards, so you have to expect some to act in ways that you find unacceptable. You won't change that, so you have to learn to live with it.
    One of the best if not the best post I have ever read. My points exactly just put far better than I ever would

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat in Summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Lin View Post
    By saying “No,” I thought that I wasn’t!
    Anyway, I thought that this was the East Coast Forum!
    The forum has changed. It used to be that Mobos and Yotties got along here, there were various suppers, BBQs, ad hoc meets etc. Then the trolls invaded and started upsetting everyone. Shame.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast