Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Are sailors standards of behaviour declining

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    Slight technical issue, GRP. You may have to get your limpets' attachment mechs replaced.
    What are keels made of?

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    What are keels made of?
    Lead?
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    What are keels made of?
    Fair point for a few, does rather reduce the target set though.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    Lead?
    Ive never seen lead go rusty.......

Hee Hee my wise old yoga teacher from Tibet said some very wise words to our group , in that it is those after us that are living in the now and we as we get older are living in the past what we perceive as bad manners or rudeness others it is there normal lifes , therefore we cannot judge those after us, as they live in a different world , there will be some on thIs forum who will be horrified to know that I eat with my elbows on the table and sometimes speak with my mouth full (THE HORROR). so do not judge on manners or etiquette because you came from a different time.

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    Hee Hee my wise old yoga teacher from Tibet said some very wise words to our group , in that it is those after us that are living in the now and we as we get older are living in the past what we perceive as bad manners or rudeness others it is there normal lifes , therefore we cannot judge those after us, as they live in a different world , there will be some on thIs forum who will be horrified to know that I eat with my elbows on the table and sometimes speak with my mouth full (THE HORROR). so do not judge on manners or etiquette because you came from a different time.
    Groovy manLets just kinda hang out and not judge anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    Slight technical issue, GRP. You may have to get your limpets' attachment mechs replaced.
    Uh oh, now we have drifted to a steel boat doldrum... It's going to get ugly. Most of the steel boats near us are poo barges, working boats or cruise liners - most of which are more polite , manoeuvrable and generally aware than many yotties
    So time to develop an epoxy backed limpet I guess

Last week, locking up at Fort Augustus with half a dozen hire cruisers and one private mobo. Lord of the Glens taking up much of the space at the top, only one berth with shore power free on the pontoon, we got it, mainly by oafish behaviour as described by the OP and some deft manouvreing. I was quite pleased with myself, particularly when some of the others had to go on to Kytra, several miles from the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by solent clown View Post
    Uh oh, now we have drifted to a steel boat doldrum... It's going to get ugly. Most of the steel boats near us are poo barges, working boats or cruise liners - most of which are more polite , manoeuvrable and generally aware than many yotties
    So time to develop an epoxy backed limpet I guess
    Rest assured that there are various systems that work for non ferrous hulls, most post date the cockelshell limpets though.

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    Hee Hee my wise old yoga teacher from Tibet said some very wise words to our grou .........so do not judge on manners or etiquette because you came from a different time.
    Next time the local chavs dump their old sofa over your fence I am sure that this sage advice will spring to mind in a instant

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast