Default Electronic Distribution Relay

My boat has a "Electronic Distribution Relay" between the house and start batteries rated at 75 W made by LEAB. I assume this is the same as a VSR.

The LEAB web site calls it a unidirectional device. Does it therefore matter which way round it is wired up? Any thoughts?

Default Re: Electronic Distribution Relay

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon2 View Post
    My boat has a "Electronic Distribution Relay" between the house and start batteries rated at 75 W made by LEAB. I assume this is the same as a VSR.

The LEAB web site calls it a unidirectional device. Does it therefore matter which way round it is wired up? Any thoughts?
    If it is described as unidirectional then first thoughts are, "Yes, it is going to be important which way round it is wired."

A link to the it on the LEAB website would be helpful.

https://www.leab.eu/en/products/rela...al-relays.html

As requested. Incidentally they have a user manual you can download.....in German!

The LEAB web site calls it a unidirectional device. Does it therefore matter which way round it is wired up?
    Yes, it certainly does. Wire terminal 30 to the start battery positive, terminal 87 to the domestic battery positive, and terminal 86 to the common negative. When your engine is running, once the start battery reaches 13.5v the relay will close and allow the charge to go to the domestic battery as well.

Edit: If you'd like an English manual, I just found one here - static.wm3.se/sites/114/media/20202_original_Full_specification-relay.pdf
    Last edited by pvb; 22-09-18 at 09:38.

I may be being thick but if it is the other way round it still charges both once 13.5 is going in.....so it makes no difference which way round it is logically...... and sadly I could not get the link to work. Anyway thanks for the help!

I may be being thick but if it is the other way round it still charges both once 13.5 is going in.....so it makes no difference which way round it is logically...... and sadly I could not get the link to work. Anyway thanks for the help!
    Why do you think it's called "unidirectional"? It only connects the batteries when the charge on the primary battery reaches 13.5v.

If you copy the text I gave and paste it into your browser it will download a PDF of the English manual.

Link would not work in Duckduckgo but does in google....thank you again