Default Can anyone take me to Flat Holm?

I'm doing a project about the Beaches of Wales and need to get to Flat Holm around low-tide, for about 20 minutes to visit the 3 beaches. The usual operators only sail at high tide, and have quoted me prices in excess of 200 pounds to be stuck out there for 12 hours from one high tide till the next. Please can anyone get me out there for less around the low tide period? (I don't mind wading in if I have to!)
    Last edited by bridle17; 23-09-18 at 09:05.

Default Re: Can anyone take me to Flat Holm?

Apologies if you see my alternative thread...

Me + wife have a rule that anywhere new, we go alone for the first time as we're still very new to this boating lark and the channel can be pretty unforgiving. We had a lot of concerns, and weren't confident enough not to be a risk to any passengers (who I'd be legally responsible for).

Plus we get quite stressy and bicker. It wouldn't have been a fun trip!

All I really want is good photos of East, West and Coal Beach, preferably on a sunny day and with a relatively low tide.

Quote Originally Posted by bridle17 View Post
    All I really want is good photos of East, West and Coal Beach, preferably on a sunny day and with a relatively low tide.
    I did take a few photos of 2 of the beaches, and 4K phone-cam videos... could they be of any use?

Also, there were 3 staff on the island, who were very pro-active about being helpful (I think they were volunteers)... I reckon they'd be well up for doing a favor if you want some photos being taken. They want to stop the island being forgotten about and are open for communication. Their number is: 029 2087 7912.
    YouTube: Gorjus Boating
    Boat: Sealine 195

Thanks for the phone number. I visited the island last week and took some photos, but the tide was fairly high and the beaches on the east side were in partial shade. It seems there are also two small coves towards the southern end - Point Bay and Dripping Cove, which are only accessible at low tide. I would appreciate any good photos of any of the beaches though - my email is bridle17@hotmail.com.

May be worth contacting flatholmproject@cardiff.gov.uk they will be happy to help

Tim