Default The Haven, Lymington

Located on the Lymington Yacht Haven site is The Haven restaurant. Last night I had a very good meal there. Prices average but quality was right up there. Portions suitably sized for hungry yachties too. It seems you need to book a little in advance, though we got in without a reservation as we were earlish. It is close to hand if you are in the marina there, but only a short walk from the Dan Brun (?) LHA pontoon as well. Bit of a trek from the Town Quay.

Default Re: The Haven, Lymington

Small world, we've had a meal there last week as well. We picked the dishes from their Autumn Set Menu and haven't been disappointed. The meals were delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel Sailor View Post
    Located on the Lymington Yacht Haven site is The Haven restaurant. Last night I had a very good meal there. Prices average but quality was right up there. Portions suitably sized for hungry yachties too. It seems you need to book a little in advance, though we got in without a reservation as we were earlish. It is close to hand if you are in the marina there, but only a short walk from the Dan Brun (?) LHA pontoon as well. Bit of a trek from the Town Quay.
    I think I have to check this place . thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel Sailor View Post
    Lymington Town SC has good food & is close by, as is the Waterloo Arms.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Ate there last Saturday evening; we had not booked but a table was found. We were impressed with the care taken at the price. It wasn't cheap but it was good.

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Quote Originally Posted by alant View Post
    Lymington Town SC has good food & is close by, as is the Waterloo Arms.
    For those arriving by boat I am not at all sure that Lyndhurst counts as close by
    Substance over style

Quote Originally Posted by Little Grebe View Post
    For those arriving by boat I am not at all sure that Lyndhurst counts as close by
    Why did I say that, when I mean't Mayflower?

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Not sure how recent a change this is but half of The Ship is now given over to a "restaraunt" type arrangement which limits the space for those wanting plain pub eating
    Substance over style

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Little Grebe View Post
    Not sure how recent a change this is but half of The Ship is now given over to a "restaurant" type arrangement which limits the space for those wanting plain pub eating
    Been that way for a while. Food OK.

Sounds interesting! Do they serve big Tuna dishes there? The have positive reviews that are likable and make me want to try their menus and services. Will visit there soon.