Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: So where is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    Swale? taking the inshore route?
    You took the bait - tee-hee-hee. Nope.
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cantata View Post
    Heading downstream in Lawling Creek, I fink.
    That's disgraceful. You're got images of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pye_End View Post
    Do you mean heading upstream - ie heading west ish? Maylandsea in the background on the left?
    Yes. heading upstream - actually pretty southwards in that part. Maylandsea in the background on the left.

Once upon there was a line of occupied moorings from Mayland Creek to the Marina. A lovely still dawn would have harkened from a small Seagull and the 'glit-glit' of the sound of the tide chucking past a clinker hull. And whilst whimsical, there was a beautiful still full moonlit night while Tiller Girl laid on a mooring off Mayland Creek. For five minutes a baby seal went up and down jumping in and out of the water before everything went back to total stillness. Quite nice.

Pye End, you are right.

Aaarrhh I was taken in by earlier comment about the power station, does look like that in the distance.

Very poetic, and I know exactly what you mean - a beautiful place to awaken to the stillness on a bright and chilly October morning, listening to the call of the oystercatchers.

It has been too many years since I have done that, but an image that just will not go away - along that same stretch, climbing out of my bunk on a warm summer's morning with the waters a hive of activity. Sitting outside on my Sonata, eating breakfast and waiting for the last of the flood, looking seawards there was another small occupied cruiser on the next mooring along. A Dutch flag hung from her stern, and out of the small cabin came 2 young men also eating their breakfast, followed by a young lady who proceeded to take the last of her clothing off and standing there in all her impressive glory, bathed from a bucket. Breakfast took a while to consume that day.

Well, there you are. The photo was taken from just about where we had a mooring from 1988-99. My only excuse is that some miscreant has taken all the moorings away and I haven't been back there in the last 18 yrs.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Ah ha....all becomes clear

I didn’t recognise it with the tide in !

R
    "Work is the curse of the Drinking Classes" Oscar W.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123