Thread: At last

Default At last

At last the EA are actually doing something to clear up the disgraceful mess of sunken and disregarded boats along the the banks of the Thames at Molesey, lets just hope its just the start of a concerted effort to Finally get rid of some of the dangerous eyesores along the entire RiverThames . Ps Well done EA (at last)

Default Re: At last

I'm glad to hear that, but I can't believe how long it's taken. A small boat sunk in the EA's flagship town of Henley this summer and the EA dealt with it the following day, Both cases involve council owned land,, the big difference is attention and selective resources. When pleading poverty the trick is to have one flagship for photo opportunities(just look at the NHS)

But as you say, well done EA (he says through gritted teeth)

Wot about that sunken tug ? before you get to Hampton Court, been there ever since we started coming round ?

Thats a wildlife sanctuary cunningly disguised as a sunken boat. There's a bigger wreck past Molesey lock by the rowing club on the Thames Water side and thats been underwater for as many years as the tug, if not more.

The tug sunk downstream of Thames Ditton marina is called ENDEAVOUR. Went down about 20 years ago. Was used before that as a lighterage tug but was twice in collision with bridges wrecking the steel wheelbox.
    There is another tug of the same name at Pangbourne. the sunk tug is accompanied by two sunk narrow boats. One just inside it a modern steel 65ft motor narrow boat (engine removed) which sunk around 25 years ago and alongside the lighter in front is a sunk Grand Union butty which has gone down recently.

Fortunately the Grand Union motor narrow boat which at risk has been moved to a safe location at Laleham.

I can't think where that sunk NB in Pangbourne is, but if its freed up 65ft of mooring space that's really good news. 25 years on the same spot must be a record, even for a narrowboat

The sunk narrow boats are not at pangbourne they are by the old water works at Thames ditton/surbiton

Phone keeps deleting my posts for some reason.