Default CORVETTE 32/320 Advice please

Need to draw on some collective brainpower please. Seen a couple of nice Corvettes.

Which is best value (not absolute best)?
    1 Corvette 32 1986 new decks etc Thorneycroft 130s in Menorca - 47500
    2 Corvette 320 1991 looks nice Volvos similar hp in UK - 59000
    Are the 320s really any better?

Also, do these boats get out of their own way at about 14kts? Seems an odd sort of max speed to me.

Default Re: CORVETTE 32/320 Advice please

Have you visited the Corvette Motorboat Association website ? You are also welcome to join as an associate member pending a purchase. There is also a Members forum style group where specifics are discussed.

1 With twin 130's she will be slow, so ~ 14 knots will be her max I expect, clean bum and props. The 200 VP or 210 Cummins (Thornycroft) are a far better bet. The later 320 used Yanmar 300+ HP engines and they really fly.

They hate 11 - 13 knots - like the Grand Old Duke of York, neither up nor down ! They cruise really well on the plane at 14 knots, but not so sure I would want to do that WOT. Very economic at 8-9 knots bum in the water.

2 A 1991 is not a 320 - these came out after the factory moved to Norfolk and was boats after ~ 1995.

However the 1990 - 91 boats were called 'Classique' following a period of lesser quality of production which saw some better boats coming out, but this was the end of the Nottingham factory (please be aware my view here might be biased as mine is a 1991 Classique).

The 320's were extensively re-modelled - for details visit the website. The chap who runs the admin for the association is the real expert on the marque. I run the website.

www.corvettemotorboat.wordpress.com
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

Default Re: CORVETTE 32/320 Advice please

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    Have you visited the Corvette Motorboat Association website ? You are also welcome to join as an associate member pending a purchase. There is also a Members forum style group where specifics are discussed.

1 With twin 130's she will be slow, so ~ 14 knots will be her max I expect, clean bum and props. The 200 VP or 210 Cummins (Thornycroft) are a far better bet. The later 320 used Yanmar 300+ HP engines and they really fly.

They hate 11 - 13 knots - like the Grand Old Duke of York, neither up nor down ! They cruise really well on the plane at 14 knots, but not so sure I would want to do that WOT. Very economic at 8-9 knots bum in the water.

2 A 1991 is not a 320 - these came out after the factory moved to Norfolk and was boats after ~ 1995.

However the 1990 - 91 boats were called 'Classique' following a period of lesser quality of production which saw some better boats coming out, but this was the end of the Nottingham factory (please be aware my view here might be biased as mine is a 1991 Classique).

The 320's were extensively re-modelled - for details visit the website. The chap who runs the admin for the association is the real expert on the marque. I run the website.

www.corvettemotorboat.wordpress.com
    Thanks Superheat. I guess the 32 with 130hp engines is best treated as a displacement boat then. I'm looking to go out and have a look on Monday, so your heads-up is invaluable.