Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: detroit diesel ddec III

Have you spoken to Mitchells ?? Think you can get a remanufactured one with some sort of DD warranty if you go that route ...
    Regards, Alf

I've stopped drinking water .... I have seen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

I know, but had hoped someone had 1 used I could buy

Not many owners with DD's on the forum to my knowledge (a handfull from recollection) ... even less with ddec's ... Second hand in UK, e-bay (no warranty) or re-furb is best options ... slightly higher risk is to get shipped from US...
    Regards, Alf

I've stopped drinking water .... I have seen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Hi, I have purchased an ECM with the same DDE No and Motorola No. It's on an industrial engine. I'm going to have it for a marine engine. Both engines are clearly 8v92. Will the engine start and work ok?

Quote Originally Posted by predator 58 View Post
    Hi, I have purchased an ECM with the same DDE No and Motorola No. It's on an industrial engine. I'm going to have it for a marine engine. Both engines are clearly 8v92. Will the engine start and work ok?
    The industrial engine may have been governed by the ECM to continous load ... usually set around 1800 RPM. Do you know the rating of the industrial engine ?

The SS' engines is probably JT Marinising kits and from my recollection pleasure rating which is quite high compared with the industrial engines... so all of this depends on how the ECM bought is configured and thus how the engine installed sensors and solenoids (replaced the old fuel rack from the pure mechanical engines) are set up to communicate with the ECM.

I believe (but cannot confirm) that the exhaust valve lifting mechanism on the ddec engines are still mechanical and thus the crucial exhaust valve timing should still be OK..

I am un-comfortable giving detailed advise on the ECM engines as I do not have experience with the interface between the mechanics and the electronics of the engine, so I would seek some formal advise from DD (Mitchells) on weather the module is plug&play (ie', if the ECM will adapt governance settings based upon the information received by the engine sensors), or if it will need re-mapping to the higher leisure rating.
    Regards, Alf

hi, ecm is now repaired and no wrong codes come up. I still don't get rpm and when I give gas it just smokes. idling at 600 rpm and when giving gas it goes up to 850 to then nothing else happens to smoke, what can it be?

Is original ECM repaired or did you fit the replacement which was from another engine ?

If from another engine (eg different configuration) ... Timing, injectors etc. (as an industrial engine configuration will be), then ECM may have to be re-programmed to accept that the input from your engine's sensors are correct values ...
    Regards, Alf

IT have repared and update to my engine

If you have no sensor input to the ECM which the ECM in turn can send to the instrument panel, then you will not have much joy...

You need to find the sensors/senders and get these checked for connections etc ... if you have a 100% sensor signal failure then it may be a wiring harness issue ... once again the DDEC engines are not my strongest point, so I'd get a pro out from Mitchells to help me at this juncture ...
    Regards, Alf

A have all sensor input but the engine dont go over 800 rpm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast