Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Levington to Brightlingsea in one and a half Hours

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post
    How old are you ?

5 ?
    I would ask you the same.

Look back all I did was post a video of a boat trip and old Bumble**** came on ranting about Drones and chucking insults about because he is not allowed to chuck 6 shot.

So you think his comments are reasonable do you. Or are you one of his shills
    Last edited by Bigplumbs; 23-10-18 at 15:56.
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post
    How old are you ?

5 ?
    It only takes a glance at the credits of his video to get the picture.

Bigplumbs
    Purple Dome Studio
    Blue Vein Productions

fnaaar fnaar!

Make it 9

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bumbulum View Post
    It only takes a glance at the credits of his video to get the picture.

Bigplumbs
    Purple Dome Studio
    Blue Vein Productions

fnaaar fnaar!

Make it 9
    And you accused me of not being able to spot a joke.

At least you watched it. What did you think of the Drone footage. I thought SYH looked lovely

I don't recall mentioning or making a joke, your over-active imagination is playing up again.

The drone footage is very impressive but I don't regard marinas as lovely I'm afraid, too industrial/urbanised for my taste. There was some lovely scenery elsewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bumbulum View Post
    I don't recall mentioning or making a joke, your over-active imagination is playing up again.

The drone footage is very impressive but I don't regard marinas as lovely I'm afraid, too industrial/urbanised for my taste. There was some lovely scenery elsewhere though.
    Many thanks for that perhaps we should leave it a that

Happy Boating

Genuine question from a slow motion sailor...

Did you actually enjoy the trip ?

I only ask as I often crew/pilot the safety boat for my local dinghy club and after about only ten mins of dashing about I’m very often wet, shaken about and.....I have to say just a little bit bored.

A great adrenaline rush I’m sure but didn’t you, honestly, get a bit fed up with just going full blat for an hour and a half?

This is not meant to be ironic, sarcastic or whatever I am genuinely interested in how different we all are, I don’t know if you sail but if you don’t then going around at 4 knots, (on a good day for me!), would probably drive you nuts, as just hanging on and blasting about would be anathema to me !

I enjoyed the film and I think a mini series of our creeks and harbours, at high and low tide ,if that’s possible, would be a great watch.

Cheers,

R
    "Work is the curse of the Drinking Classes" Oscar W.

Bearing in mind that I have sailed - note: sailed- from Bradwell creek by the pole at the entrance to south shelf buoy in 3 hours 30 mins (I have done it twice to Languard Buoy ) I do not think that is all that quick.
    I am sure others have done it a lot quicker.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    Bearing in mind that I have sailed - note: sailed- from Bradwell creek by the pole at the entrance to south shelf buoy in 3 hours 30 mins (I have done it twice to Languard Buoy ) I do not think that is all that quick.
    I am sure others have done it a lot quicker.
    That's a fast passage. I came down from Heybridge Basin to the Pyfleet today in 2hrs 10mins and am chuffed to bits, though not very dry.
    "I thought my daffodils were yellow until I met Joe Kennedy."

Quote Originally Posted by Applescruffs View Post
    Genuine question from a slow motion sailor...

Did you actually enjoy the trip ?

I only ask as I often crew/pilot the safety boat for my local dinghy club and after about only ten mins of dashing about I’m very often wet, shaken about and.....I have to say just a little bit bored.

A great adrenaline rush I’m sure but didn’t you, honestly, get a bit fed up with just going full blat for an hour and a half?

This is not meant to be ironic, sarcastic or whatever I am genuinely interested in how different we all are, I don’t know if you sail but if you don’t then going around at 4 knots, (on a good day for me!), would probably drive you nuts, as just hanging on and blasting about would be anathema to me !

I enjoyed the film and I think a mini series of our creeks and harbours, at high and low tide ,if that’s possible, would be a great watch.

Cheers,

R
    We were in a very capable rib (a 6m) and the sea was actually very calm especially on the way back. I don't remember a single splash over the bow. This is the furthest I have gone in one day and yes I did enjoy the whole trip especially as I met my old work colleague by accident at the other end and we also felt a sense of achievement. We only went at 18 - 22 knots most of the time which is a speed range I love
    I have several boats (8 in total) all fastish machines (14 - 38 knots range) and I like all of them. they are very different from a 3.4 m SIB to a 24 foot Sealine S24. All are quite old but I actually like old things. I like motorboats and speed boats. I have not found myself getting bored yet in about 7 years of boating

I don't own a sail boat but I have crewed and enjoyed sail boats (longest trip over 3 days was from Hamble Marina to Suffolk Yacht Harbour in a very nice 34 foot Naiad). I enjoyed this trip and I can not say that I was bored but there were certainly times when I thought we needed to get a shimmy on to at least 18 knots which of course was impossible.

I think there are joys and pleasure to be had from all sorts of boating and none of us should dismiss any of them.

I would love to make the films of the East Cost Rivers by Drone but sadly there seems to be many people who seem to dislike Drones so much that it sort of puts me off. A friend of mine (A yachty) has filmed and posted on YouTube most of the East cost river entrances at low water Springs and I know his videos have been of great use to many people in the boating world

Thanks for the question I hope I have answered some of your points
    Last edited by Bigplumbs; 23-10-18 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    Bearing in mind that I have sailed - note: sailed- from Bradwell creek by the pole at the entrance to south shelf buoy in 3 hours 30 mins (I have done it twice to Languard Buoy ) I do not think that is all that quick. I am sure others have done it a lot quicker.
    That's good. Using one of my tables, between the Blackwater Wpt to the Harwich Wpt, quickest time @ 5 knots average @ Spring Tides is 3hrs 15 minutes (starting at HW Sheerness is the quickest start time from the Wpt) (2 hrs 48 minutes at 6 kts). You went further 2.14nm - reckon you averaged 6kts? PDG.
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast